How did you come up with your name-JW forum(funnies please)

by Tim Horton 17 Replies latest social humour

• Triple A
    Triple A

Okay, Help the non-JWs out. I do not understan the Jim Horton reference. Triple A

• Triple A
    Triple A

Sorry meant Tim Horton, but still do not understand.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

That's the name of the user who started this thread.

• bebu
    bebu

Is Tim Horton a famous coffee?

bebu

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I think there is a chain of Tim Horton coffee shops. A couple of them have opened locally here, but I haven't visited one yet. I think it's a Canadian company.

Coffee

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well look at my name...it should say it all!

I was hear at first and I thought too myself...... should I be here?...... is this right? .....and why am I here?

and I wanted to become a memeber(because I was having issues and I wanted to know the real truth) so it asked for a Nickname! So I thought that was perfect at that point. I should now have it as IknowwhyIamhere or IcameIsawIkickedtheeldersass...kidding!

I am glad to be here though

Brooke

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Elsewhere

This has two basic origins. The first is that it describes my usual mental state... My mind is usually elsewhere.

The second comes from the fact that I have used Elsewhere for a very long time on the internet. Back in the late 80's and early 90's I was a minor hacker. Granted, I could not do a lot of what the "big guys" were doing, but I did have a flare for being able to conceal my true location. I would play around with people and make it look like I was in Russia, China, England, Utah, Ohio or other places.

In the early internet days this was more easy than it is now because back then they had a bunch of universities all over the world that left back-doors open for the public to use anonymously. (Back then they did not worry about security like they do now) I would simply login to a server in China and then telnet out from there to wherever I wanted to go and when they did a trace on me my IP address would always appear to originate from the last server I logged into. I could login to one place and from there go to another, then another... and so on until there was no way for anyone to track me down within the time it took to contact all of the other sysadmins controling all of the servers I passed through.

Yeah, it was a simple gag... but it worked. I had people running around in circles trying to find me.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    I think there is a chain of Tim Horton coffee shops.

Tim Horton is the patron saint of Canada. He was originally a hockey player, now dead, who started a donut (or doughnut) shop. Over time, the shop was sold, and turned into an extremely popular chain. It still bears his name, but I don't think it has any relation to his family at all. Tim Horton's has become synonymous with Canada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit