Were You "Happy To Be Persecuted"?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Undercover.... But the irony of it all is. When my hubby was dying with lung cancer.... I looked after him. He thanked me for being an angel And he wanted to be a JW????? I was still one -though not being called on -as I couldnt get to the KH....The elder came 2 times in the year But I used to pray with my hubby then & ask Jehovah that we would walk in the Paradise earth together!!!! Then after he died I found out the MOTHER Organization lied to me. When they gave me the left foot of fellowship. I wanted to kill myself..... But now I have so many WONDEFUL friends !!! many on here. I have never been so loved in my life....Poor old Frank I might have led him down the wrong path on his death bed...Oh well I read where it is hearts the great judge is reading.... I will leave it up to him.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

In the beginning, I was proud to be picked on at school. I knew they would be destroyed at armageddon. But after a while, continually praying to Jehovah for help, and not seeing any blessings coming about, I began to hate being persecuted. My mental health began to take a toll on me physically. Is that a blessing?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i remember a sister with an 'unbeliving" mate who would get beaten every time she came to the hall. everyone was sooooo proud of her.. no one ever called the law or did anything like going and kicking the mans ass .. she never looked very happy.

my dad spent 4 yrs in prison as a conscientious objector in the 40s/50s , it wasnt a pleasant experience and it haunted him.no joy in that. especially now being an elderly man who was told to come to the meetings and be a seat filler to make their attendance numbers look better (elder told him that) . i hope god appreciates it because the congregation doesnt.

not to lessen peoples efforts to serve god,i'm sure its wholehearted , my dad doesnt regret his actions. but i regret and resent the treatment he's recieved.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I can remember wishing that I could carry that badge of courage and proof of faith that the borg praises so often. I never received any more than a lot of apathy from my class mates.

When I was burned in '95 I was in the hospital for a month and I told my dad that I wished that my suffering was for somehow for "Jehovah". He reminded me that I was having to endure more pain because I was having to postpone the skin graft surgery for a week so that my red blood count would be high enough to have the surgery without a blood transfusion (normal for my condition). I have to admit that I was comforted by the thought of being a martyr.

I'm not ashamed of that fact that I was brainwashed to that extent. It just reminds me of the power of the cult.

TimB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit