Were You "Happy To Be Persecuted"?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that when we face persecution, it's a good thing! If we're "persecuted for righteousness sake", we should be "happy". I've seen some JWs that actually seem to enjoy the thought of persecution, as if they were martyrs for the cause. Were you one of those that "delighted" in suffereing persecution??

• Scully
    Scully

"Martyrdom" isn't exclusive to JWs or any other group. Although some mothers-in-law seem to excel in this skill.

Love, Scully

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

All my persecution came from within the congregation.

Walter

• minimus
    minimus

I used to love hearing how JWs were being "persecuted" in school. Most kids got the crap beat outta them because they DESERVED it!

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I had dogs set on me in service when I was 7. Ran backwards into the street, almost got hit by a car, ran down the street sobbing. My dad came and got me, yelled at me for crying when there was more service to be done and told me to get myself together. Not much delight I'm afraid.

• minimus
    minimus

Kitty, your daddy was a bad daddy.

• shamus
    shamus

Jehovahs Witnesses love being persecuted. That's all they talk about at the meetings, is who's being 'persecuted' for what, where, when.

In reality it's what happens in real life. When you act like a cult crazed bozo, people don't like you. If that's persecution, then fine, they're persecuted all the time. I'm persecuting them right now!

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

Scully: Are you one of those mother in laws? Or do you have an outlaw. That's what I call them. The outlaws.Actually mine was great until I left the truth. Now she truly is an outlaw. I definately was never happy to be persecuted. Isn't that why all Jw's are depressed and heavily medicated for one reason or another. Panther

Isn't that why all Jw's are depressed and heavily medicated for one reason or another.

Panther,

No kidding. I am a million times healthier mentally since we left.

Minimus wrote:

Kitty, your daddy was a bad daddy.

I still miss him though, damn it.... Anybody want to volunteer to be my surrogate daddy while I get used to being without one? (And I mean that in a good way, nothing dirty! LOL)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit