did you diassociate yourself?

by boy@crossroads 10 Replies latest jw friends

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

I had one of my brothers' witness associates drop me off somewhere earlier tonight. He's from another congo. and he knows I haven't been at a meeting in some time. Usually when I'm around him he just acts cool like nothings wrong with me. While we were driving he asks me, "did you dissassociate yourself or anything because i wonder if i should be talking to you?"

I mean lets get real, do you have to let the society tell you everything to do? I mean if you even have to ask that question to me, don't you think it's ok to talk to me.

I basically just told, "well you'll have to make that choice for yourself"

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats sad..

although i'm the time that woulda messed with his head.. told him something like " i'm a son of satan now, worship with me " and then start chanting nonsense. hehe

independent thinking is not gonna be found in many active jw's.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I refuse to take that step. I will not make it easier for them or play by their rules.

Let them wonder what I'm up to.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I wrote it, never sent it though. As a matter of fact, a copy of it is somewhere around on this forum. It was very healing to write it but I didnt feel the need to play by their rules as to how I should act or what I should do. I dont make it a point to talk to every witness I see but if I feel the need or if they talk to me I have no problems doing so.

Kansas District Overbeer

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

By the way, i haven't dissasociated myself nor do i plan on it, I PLAN ON SIMPLY ERASING THEM FROM MY MEMORY.

At times though, i find it hard seeing through all the guilt that they instill in you and which creates somekind of invisible barrier in your mind. I find whats helps to some degree is to take yourself out of the situation mentally and then imagine how you would act had you never been exposed to the witnesses.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I see no need personally to label myself something that the WTS feels they need to do. They have not df'd me, and likely never will, as I have been gone a long while, and those that could do something to me have no proof, nor any real way to get a hold of me. Just not worth their time.

As far as da'ing my self? Again, why label myself anything to do with them. I feel as if it gives them some sort of power over me. I don't feel the need to justify myself to them, which includes putting a label on me.

For others, they may have no choice, so either da of be df'd. I do not judge them. Everyone must act according to what is best for them.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Boy@crossroads,

I find whats helps to some degree is to take yourself out of the situation mentally and then imagine how you would act had you never been exposed to the witnesses.

That sounds like a good idea. Hope you are young enough to do it. Some of us are too old or too many years inside, but we should try to imagine how a normal person would act. Thanks

Jst2laws

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    all the guilt that they instill in you

Next time you feel guilty because of JW teachings, remember that they don't feel guilty about teaching lies.

I haven't disassociated myself. Don't know if I will. Only time will tell. I do know that I definately won't be DF'd. If it ever came to that I would DA over DF'ing, if that makes any sense.

Kwin

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Nope. I didn't feel I needed it for closure. And I didn't want to play by their rules.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Sometimes I've thought about it, just to bring to an end any hoping for (or fearing?) a relationship with my parents, extended family, etc. But after a year of not hearing from them, I have a feeling I don't have to worry about hearing from them again till somebody dies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit