JWs Shot in Parking Lot Shooting!

by Voyager 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    And no! I do not buy the WT idea that weapons were carried only to protect oneself from the wild animals.

LMFAO!! Are you serious?? This is what the WT teaches?? I can't recall ever seeing that one! Do you know what publication that's in??

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

fleaman,

Now I'm not the brightest light on the Christmas tree..and maybe I'm taking your response the wrong way...........but would you rather be THE victim? If it is in my power.......I sure don't want to be THE victim. Let the asshole who wants to hurt me do the suffering!

Mary,

Yes, that is what was put across by the society. I wish I would have kept some of the WT books for reference in order to validate some statements, but once I knew I was out completely, I knew that I didn't want to go back to reading any of their pablum again. Besides........I am not the scholarly type. I was just a blue collar "elder" trying to do the best I could with what I was TOLD was what I had to do and say. (does that make sense?) I don't think so! But how many elders are elloquent enough to make sense?

Seriously................someone like Blondie could probably post the WT advice on that one.

So in the meantime............I will carry my S & W model 380 just in case a pit bull or any other wild dog attacks me in the hood where I live.

HappyDad

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

So in the meantime............I will carry my S & W model 380 just in case a pit bull or any other wild dog attacks me in the hood where I live

I wish I had a gun.

• blondie
    blondie

Gun ownership is one of those nebulous things.

The WTS would like no JW to own guns....but the JW hunters would have a fit, and there are quite a few, including elders. I remember one congregation had the CO's visit during deer season in the Midwest; half the elder body were gone. The CO brought it up during one of his talks at the next circuit assembly. The result: He scheduled his visit during that week at an urban congregation with few hunters....

The only thing that is somewhat rigid is that if a brother (or a sister I suppose) worked where they were required to carry a gun, police officer (not all) or security guard, that they could not have any privileges in the congregation .

Otherwise, shoot as many animals as the law allows. Keeping guns for self-protection...keep it to yourself and say it's for hunting.

Personally, I don't think guns are much protection because people are not trained adequately in their use and people are not psychologically prepared.

Blondie (once a gun owner and shooter of large and small animals)

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Hmm...

Blondie this reminds me of another thread from about a year ago.

For the most part I agree with you. Also, if you have kids and you keep your gun locked up, safety on it, etc then its not going to do you any good esp if someone breaks in at night while your sleep.

Blondie do you think that the money would be better spent on a good security system?

M'

• Brummie
    Brummie

My heart goes out to them, what an aweful thing to experience. So close to their anniversary too, how sad.

Brummie

• Simon
    Simon

Sounds like two assholes to me if the story is correct.

Neither capable of doing the sensible thing and walking away. For what? A dent in a piece of metal that will be rusting scrap in 5 years time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit