JWs Shot in Parking Lot Shooting!

by Voyager 36 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    This story doesn't smell right to me. It seems odd that a person would have to shoot a man and his wife in self defense.

It's too early to really tell what happened. It'll take a few days for the actual facts to make it to the papers.

I can envision one scenerio that would be plausible...No matter who dinged who's car door...No matter who started the argument...If the one guy with his wife grabs a metal pipe and starts beating the other guy over the head. The assualted guy goes down and knows he's being beaten, grabs his concealed weapon and without proper aiming just starts shooting in the direction of the attacker. With self preservation in mind he fires several times. The pipe wielder goes down and the woman takes a couple of slugs by just being there. That is self-defense.

But we don't know if it happened that way or not.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It's just comforting to know that no one can take away your right to carry a concealed weapon. You know, just in case the redcoats attack, or something.

• Valis
    Valis
    ?This incident happened within seconds and it resulted in senseless loss of life,? Walsh said. ?If (a traffic altercation occurs) please take a deep breath, walk away, swallow your pride and call police.

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/main.asp?SectionID=11&SubSectionID=11&ArticleID=8428

• undercover
    undercover
    It's just comforting to know that no one can take away your right to carry a concealed weapon. You know, just in case the redcoats attack, or something.

Sarcasm duly noted...

But for argument's sake, let's say the guy with the gun was attacked by the pipe wielding guy. The pipe guy didn't know the other guy had a gun, it was concealed. Once attacked, concealed weapon guy is able to fend off pipe wielding guy by shooting him. If he had not been armed, it might have been un-armed man that would be buried not pipe wielding guy. So in this case it was comforting to know that we have the right to carry a concealed weapon. You know, just in case a pipe wielding citizen attacks, or something.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

In the scenario you described, it indeed would have been very handy to have a concealed weapon.

However, back to reality, the man with the gun shot another man and his wife four times in total. It looks more like an argument escalated, and the guy with the gun did some killin.

The JW and his wife sound a lot like me. Similar age, religious background, stably employed, married a long time, teenage kids. I just have a hard time picturing this guy attacking another man with a pipe, then picturing his wife continuing the attack through a hail of bullets. It just doesn't make sense.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

This story doesn't smell right to me. It seems odd that a person would have to shoot a man and his wife in self defense.

Yep. Something smells real funky!

M'

• undercover
    undercover
    I just have a hard time picturing this guy attacking another man with a pipe, then picturing his wife continuing the attack through a hail of bullets. It just doesn't make sense.

I agree, it doesn't make sense the way it is being reported right now. My theory was just to show that it could happen in a way where the gun carrier was justified. Someone could make a theory as plausible as mine showing the gun carrier the attacker and the pipe wielder defending himself. The guy who lived is telling his side. We'll never know the other guy's side.

I never pictured the wife continuing the attacks. In my theory, she just was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

However, back to reality, the man with the gun shot another man and his wife four times in total. It looks more like an argument escalated, and the guy with the gun did some killin.
    We don't know the reality yet. We might not ever know. Just because one guy had a gun doesn't make him worse than the other guy. If the other guy killed him with a pipe would that have been better somehow?
  • fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

We don't know the reality yet. We might not ever know. Just because one guy had a gun doesn't make him worse than the other guy. If the other guy killed him with a pipe would that have been better somehow?

Bloody hell,is that the attitude in your Country?No wonder theres such a Gun problem there!So many Guns ,no wonder a bit of Road rage turns in to a Killing.Four shots fired?Seems to be above and beyond self defense.

Funny how most here are taking the side of the Shooter.But i suppose the Man who died was only a Jw eh.So much hate.

• Valis
    Valis
    Funny how most here are taking the side of the Shooter.But i suppose the Man who died was only a Jw eh.So much hate.

I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Most of what I see is speculation based on what might have happened and fitting those things into what the law says. Some people shouldn't own guns, much less carry them around in public. If he had a license to protect his business or maybe take deposits from his business to the bank then ya I could see him carrying a concealed weapon in those instances, but not to go around with all the time. And ya shooting the woman "seems" a bit much, but I've been on the other end of the stick and if you think you are in serious danger and can't choose the flight option, then you fight, albeit dirty. As far as the guy being a witness, it doesn't matter a bit, unless of course that is some character trait we are supposed to take on face value in his favor.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

As far as the guy being a witness, it doesn't matter a bit, unless of course that is some character trait we are supposed to take on face value in his favor.

Rubbish.This article wouldnt have been on here if the Man who was shot wasnt a Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit