+ Margaret Hassan +

by Seven 24 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    Those who really work for peace are the true enemies of those who are really out to war and civilisation clash. Both sides.

Exactly.

I see the Al-Zikawi / Bin Ladens as exactly the same as the neo-cons Bush / Rumsfeld etc. They are just different sides of the same coin.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I've said it time and time again. Extremism, not terrorism is the going to real the threat of the 21st century.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

May Margaret's family find much needed Love and Support at this horrifically sad time...

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

After all the fuss he made to make sure he got on camera for the-olde-royal-funeral I wouldn't bet against him trying to muscle in wherever a camera will be switching on with his "earnest furrowed eyebrows, creased jeans, sincere smile" pose.

lol.The differance being that this Lady (Ms Hassan)was a genuine ,caring,selfless Person imo.

I still cant believe Blair went to Poor Ken Bigleys Memorial service.This would all be funny if it wasnt so desperately real and tragic.

• Zep
    Zep

I read a couple of pieces on her. It's sad.

It might not have been Islamic fundamemtalists who kidnapped her though!

There are many different insurgent groups throughout Iraq. About 20 or so. There is also the Baghdad Mafia who has made a habit of kidnapping, raping, ransoming and murdering women. We only hear about Margaret Hassan because she is white. But it's a big problem over there.

For an Iraqi insurgent group to kidnap Margaret Hassan would be like shooting yourself in the foot, completely self defeating. She was much admired and loved over there. When she was kidnapped there was howls of protest throughout, and calls for her release from groups in Fallujah and Ramadi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit