ALLEYMOM INJURED!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Dansk 39 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wow, Alley, you sure are lucky to not have been hurt worse. I imagine you can't get the loud sound of the crash out of your head. I am afraid of airbags since I am only 5ft 2 and sometimes the airbags can hurt children and smaller adults. How tall are you? I'm so glad you didn't get hurt from the airbags themselves. It must have been very frightening with the smoke and being so trapped and all. I wish you godspeed in healing and hope they won't let you suffer with pain and give you meds for it.

I also hope that soon that you can "Grab your coat and grab your hat. Leave your worries by the biway. Just direct your feet to the sunnyside of the street."

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Alleymom)))

Sorry to hear about your accident

Hope you recover fast!!!

hugs,

CodeBlue

• Brummie
    Brummie

aww sorry to hear ally, hope you are coping well with the shock and have good pain relief! Wishing you a speedy healing.

(((Hugs)))

Brummie

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

My prayers are with you Marjorie (Thanks Dansk and I hope you are well, too).

Car accidents can be so traumatic, and painful as well!

My sister just called me from Arkansas and said my nephew was coming home from work at midnight (swing shift) on the I-15 near Phelan, Calif. and was in his Jeep with big tires, riding next to the concrete barriers. This highway is busy at midnight the area is growing so fast! A car came up behind him really fast and either hit him or he got spooked, and his Jeep ran UP the concrete embankment, rolled over several times and ended up in the oncoming traffic lane. All he remembers was the ambulance and the hospital. He can't move his left arm or side, hopefully it is a temporary pinched nerve. He has three kids and HE is the one who cooks and cleans (I won't get into his wife's problems) so she is going to have to face more than one crisis.

Thirty minutes after the phone call, one of my roommates, Robert Sullivan (former Bethelite and former Bethel roommate) comes home and he totalled HIS car. So far he is okay, but he had a woman passenger who was slightly hurt.

About 7 years ago two young guys in Los Angeles, the driver was 17 and drunk, roared down the street RIGHT INTO AN INTERSECTION WITH A RED LIGHT ON HIS SIDE, and just happened to pass in front of my car at high speed, and I clipped his rear end with about 1/3 second notice, not even enough to put on my brakes! His new Firebird spun around, hit a tree and a pole, caught on fire. There just happened to be a cop who just started chasing him a half a block earlier, and a taxi driver witnessed it. There was 3 ambulances and a firetruck almost immediately. The accident report said that the kid was drunk as was his young friend, and the cop estimated his speed at 80-90 mph! Needless to say I got a nice settlement eventually, but within 2 days my neck got stiff. To this day I get pinched nerves from that, not worth any settlement. I thought I was okay until I went to the doctors.

The scary part was that for a year, every time I went through an intersection I was paranoid, looking around to see if any car was flying at me at 80+ mph. Not fun to go through. I am still traumatized by it, since if I was going any faster or he was going slower, he would have hit me square in the driver's door and instantly killed me. As it was the airbags saved me also, but my car was totaled.

Marjorie, my thoughts are with you!

Randy

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Randy ---

I am so sorry to hear about your nephew and your good friend Rob. How are they doing?

Everyone ----

Today an orthopedist checked out both arms from shoulder to fingertips, along with my neck, and confirmed that the only fracture I have is the right elbow. He was amazed that I was not more seriously injured. Both arms and wrists are hurting very badly (off and on) and I can't raise my arms or bend my elbow to eat, but I can type and turn pages <s>. Two doctors have now told me that there is quite a bit of ligament damage which will take rather a long time to heal.

Thank you all again SO MUCH for the support and the lovely notes and pictures.

Hugs,

Marjorie

• Silver
    Silver

You were real lucky, Alleymom. Was the driver of the other car as lucky?

My mum crashed her car several years ago and still suffers from her injuries. The seatbelt had saved her life but it crushed her rib cage and bruised her heart. She had come close to "paradise."

I'm glad you're ok.

Nice to meetcha.

Silver

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks Marjorie,

My nephew is starting to regain some feeling in his left arm, but he is bruised all over his body. It doesn't help that he is about 250 lbs. I think he'll be fine eventually, thanks!

Randy

• cynicus
    cynicus

Best wishes Marjorie!

(c)

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Randy --

>>> My nephew is starting to regain some feeling in his left arm, but he is bruised all over his body <<<

I know some people don't think much of homeopathy, but I've found that arnica montana cream and arnica montana by mouth do help with bruising and pain. That, and really large ice packs, the huge blue gel kind that physical therapists use.

Marjorie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit