the last circuit assembly i attended..

by candidlynuts 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It sounds like more and more of the "friends" are not getting justice for any wrongs they experience in the congregation

It certainly sounds like it, doesn't it? The new "Keep on the Watch!" brochure seems to run with that too.

• blondie
    blondie

The last one I attended had these gems:

1) Compared training elephants to training JWs (what happened to Jesus' sheep analogy--not good enough?) Is this analogy a good thing...what does the non-JW world say?

Have you ever been to a circus and wondered why such a big animal doesn't just break that tiny little chain around its ankle? The answer is that the elephant is living in a state of what is called "Learned helplessness."

The way to train an elephant is to begin by attaching a very big, very strong chain to its leg and then forcing it to go to the limits of the chain over and over again. Since this is such a strong chain, the elephant can't break it and it quickly learns not to try anymore. It learns to be helpless.

After awhile, the trainer uses a slightly smaller chain, one that is not quite as strong. He/she then progressively moves to smaller and smaller chains over time until one is reached that is the size you see in the circus. The elephant may have the power to knock down a house but because it believes it cannot break the chain, it doesn't even try. In fact, this is so effective that the best-trained elephants only need a thin piece of string to keep them in line.

In India, when they train elephants, they take the baby elephant and tie it with an iron chain to a huge tree. Then they start cutting the size of the chain and the tree. Ultimately you can tie the elephant which a big animal now, with a flimsy rope to a green plant but the elephant is unable to escape. It's made a commitment in its body-mind that it's in a prison! --Deepak Chopra

2) Marrying a non-JW was marrying a "corpse." People married to non-JWs were kissing "corpses."--In JW eyes non-JWs are dead already.

3) Walking along, if you saw a dirty penny would you pick it up, no, of course not. But if you saw a nice shiny quarter, you would stop and pick it up. God doesn't want any dirty pennies, we have to be nice shiny quarters.---What happened to the widow's mite.

vomit

• Mary
    Mary
    this guy managed to bring up.......how to properly clean a bathtub in forty minutes.

Wow! Did you take notes for this talk?? Can you forward them to me?? ......how could ANYONE want to leave The Troof with Spiritual Food like this available??!! What other religious organization has talks like this?! None of them!! Surely a talk like this on cleaning a bathtub is another fine indication that Jehovah is blessing His Organization!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

My last Circuit Assembly in Richmond Virginia I left for a few double rum and cokes and a few beers, came back and things made as much sense before I left - Non Sense How did we listen to such a rash of crap!

Blondie - why pick up shiny quarters when the worldwide brotherhood drops brand new bills into the guarded contraband boxes?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

CandyNuts:

I can't see where any of that could help....oh wait....maybe it is to shame the sheep into feeling like they need to forgive everything, give you the guilts so that unity forgiveness at all costs can be had.

My last assembly was the one where a young couple sat and opened the WT index, after an argument on where to take the family vacation. The message "Don't use any grey matter brothers, just open the WT index and let it do the thinking for you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit