the last circuit assembly i attended..

by candidlynuts 14 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

still clinging to the hope that the brothers would have some kind of help for people like me.. seeking encouragement etc..

the only talk that stood out and that made me totally angry was a talk about forgiveness and how in the new system king david would be resurrected along with the man he had killed so he could have his wife... and how the man that was killed would have to forgive david or would lose his chance at everlasting life.

1. why would they even speculate on stuff like this

2. how the heck did that help ME or anyone else

3. if i was the fella i'd be resurrected just to kick king davids ass.

4.i was INFURIATED at the comment in the talk " if (was his name uriah?) can forgive King David this horrible offense why cant we forgive those that hurt us the most"

so why wait on jehovahs justice if its up to the victims to forgive their offender or DIE?

anyone else remember this talk?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    " if (was his name uriah?) can forgive King David this horrible offense why cant we forgive those that hurt us the most"

How can they say something so stupid? The guy is DEAD!!! How do they know this guy would forgive David?

From another perspective, they expect their members to "forgive those that hurt us the most" but the elders are not very forgiving when a man has a little extra facial hair, or a 2 door car?

No, this is another way of them saying, "We can shit on you, and you must take it!"

Walter

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Let's not forget that Uriah didn't know that he was murdered. From his perspective, he was killed in battle. So, according to JW mythology, he will be resurrected, then learn that David double crossed him, screwed his wife, had him killed, then married his widow, whose son then died as punishment for David's sin. Then, he is supposed to forgive David.

Really though, the whole thing is just a mental excersize anyway. Sort of like how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It sounds like more and more of the "friends" are not getting justice for any wrongs they experience in the congregation.

The elders just tell the two sides to forgive and let go of any grevance they might have. No justice at all.

Oh, but if anyone does anything against the organization... LOOK OUT!!! The ax will fall hard and fast.

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

That truly is ridiculous. I probably wouldn't have even caught on to that. Good for you for noticing. It's amazing how silly things sound now when you're out of the Org. When you're in, you are waiting on there every word. scary how misleading it is. chris

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

That truly is ridiculous. I probably wouldn't have even caught on to that. Good for you for noticing. It's amazing how silly things sound now when you're out of the Org. When you're in, you are waiting on there every word. scary how misleading it is. chris

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well it sounded rediculous to me while i was in ... now that i'm out it is remarkable in its stupidity.

(hiya mrs chris! hugs did i ever reply to your pm? i better go check!)

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

There was a Made-Up Questions from Our Writers Readers not far back that stated you cannot divorce an adulterous mate without first forgiving them and trying to take them back. Then, if the adulterer refused, and only then, could a Witness obtain a divorce in good conscience. How dare they a) go against the Scriptures they claim to adore b) insinuate themselves into such an emotionally volatile... oh, never mind!

• Mac
    Mac

Only thing I remember about the last circuit assembly I attended was walking out in the middle of it!!!It was a very good day and a perfect punctuation to my exit as a J-dub!!!!!

• under74
    under74

nope I don't remember that talk--sounds like a doozey though. The last assembly talk I remember was one about kids respecting their elders and women respecting their husbands...this guy managed to bring up Jesus back-talking his mother (it was okay for Jesus to do this) and how to properly clean a bathtub in forty minutes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit