Hi! I'm not new here

by Elsewhere 44 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Hi

And I just wanted to say, I enjoy your posts

• kls
    kls

Man Stef , you moved again? Now you are in Canada ? I knew you got around but Geeez

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hi! It's so nice to meet an oldie but goodie

Mrs Jones

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Gumbo? Love the stuff? What do you put in it?

Lets see... chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, chopped mushrooms, chopped celery, roast chicken (picked apart), chopped sausage, bay leaves and of course roux! Served on fresh cooked rice. Mmmm mmmm!!!

When doing seafood Gumbo I put in shrimp, crabmeat, scallops, octopus, and anything from the water I can get my hands on!

Don't worry Mouthy... no pipes today!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    anyone know how to cook lobster tail?

ewwwwww you eat sea bugs! yuck! bleah! those are over grown mud bugs! ick.. yuck....pewwwwwwwwwwwwww

(still wanna cook em?) lol

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Man Stef , you moved again? Now you are in Canada ? I knew you got around but Geeez

Still in Texas momma, i was waiting for a change in name...

I think i might "move" to Cuba next.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh, and Gumbo should NEVER be served the same day that it is cooked!!!

You should always allow it to rest over night so that all of the wonderful flavors have a chance to be released from the ingredients! Cook it one night and serve it the next night.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Lets see... chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, chopped mushrooms, chopped celery, roast chicken (picked apart), chopped sausage, bay leaves and of course roux! Served on fresh cooked rice. Mmmm mmmm!!!

YUM!

Sounds like the way i make mine. I like having it on Sundays, it makes the house smell good for hours.

ewwwwww you eat sea bugs! yuck! bleah! those are over grown mud bugs! ick.. yuck....pewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Hows my favorite bird today?

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Stef never moves to Sweden

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm fine.. i'm just not used to humans eating bugs..

save a bug eat a cow! (and remember..emu is bad for the digestion)

and as far as saving gumbo over night before eating it...

fly to new orleans and have it cooked by someone else..it always tastes better that way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit