shepherding call

by stillajwexelder 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Got a vist from two elders the other night - I lied (sorry guys) I told them what they wanted to hear - that is to say - the organization is wonderful

• blondie
    blondie

Theocratic warfare

They aren't entitled to know the truth.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

POWs do whatever is needed to survive....

*pats on back*

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Why should play the game their way? The governing body is lying to the entire org. Why do you have to tell them the truth if it will hurt you and your family? More power to you.

• bebu
    bebu

But... they ARE wonderful! What's the problem??

Seriously... there's not a "right" or "wrong" way to get out of this cult; no "right" or "wrong" timeframe for leaving. Simply use your time in wisely if you are in, until you exit. (Remember the shrewd manager in Luke 16? )

bebu

• Roddy
    Roddy

- Theocratic warfare

- They aren't entitled to know the truth.

I had the same idea! Why should I say what I REALLY should say and have them cut my relatives and family away from me?

By the way, the shepherding call the elders wanted to give me months ago has never happened. LOL I was nervous. After writing to you guys about it I felt better. I even waited for them. And waited for them. And waited . . . . ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I guess I dodged that bullet. But when they eventually do so in the next months or years, I'll tell them the WTS is wonderful to have sent such wonderful shepherds to help me and that I think about returning to the kingdom hall all the time!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I did the same thing until I got tired of playing the game and told them to shove it. You just have to do what you feel comfortable doing and just know that no matter what, you have a bunch of people here that care and want you to be ok.

Kansas District Overbeer

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I did the same thing until I got tired of playing the game and told them to shove it. You just have to do what you feel comfortable doing and just know that no matter what, you have a bunch of people here that care and want you to be ok.

Kansas District Overbeer

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

stillajwexelder - That's the line I take too.

The problem is that the more prominent in the local congregation/circuit you were, the longer you are regarded in their eyes as "one of Jehovah's Witnesses". That means if you show signs of apostacy you will become a judicial committee case. I am going for the long fade, whereby eventual I will be considered no longer under the authority of the congregation and can become a little more outspoken.

Eyeslice

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Just curious, is your Circuit Overseer due to show up anytime soon? No coincidence my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit