Good excuses for missing meetings and going out in service.

by frankiespeakin 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I know a lot of lurkers are probably looking for good excuses and would like a list they could refur to.

• metatron
    metatron

1. Migraines

2. Depression

3. Allergies

4. Chronic fatigue syndrome

metatron

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Huh? What???

*** Ckkkkkkkkk ***

I'm sorry...

*** Ckkkkkkkkk ****

My phone is messing up...

*** Ckkkkkkkkk ***

[Click]

• blondie
    blondie

Looking after an elderly parent

Waiting for emergency repair to furnace on a bitter cold meeting night

Last minute car breakdown

Staying home with ill child

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

How about this one:

The lighting at the kingdom hall gives me wicked headaches I don't know what it is but it just does.

• blondie
    blondie

frankiespeaking, I can hear the elders suggesting you wear sunglasses.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Blondi,

Then just go to the meetings once with sun glasses,,then say you were totally embassed by the friends looking at you wierd and the problem has not gone away even with the sunglasses so now I have two problems the friends think I'm weird and I still can't make it to meetings. Thanks for the help but it don't work.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Or any variation of the above theme.

• blondie
    blondie

No, if the elders countered with wearing sunglasses, I would wear them to the meeting. Think of the attention as positive. The rank and file will commiserate with you...the elders will be asking you to go home though rather than call attention to yourself. They will suggest listening on the phone hookup. I always hooked up but then went upstairs and watched TV.

I'm not saying that you should wear the sunglasses, I'm just saying that the elders will try and be "helpful" with such suggestions. I remember one sister did not come because after 4 years, the elders had still not remodeled the women's restroom to accommodate her wheelchair (or anyone's for that matter). So she stayed home. The elders suggested she try holding it for 2 hours really 3 hours. What dorks!

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

There is no excuse for missing meetings or going out in field service. As light bearers of the truth, we have an obligation to feed from the table of Jehovah and share the fine spiritual food that we enjoy with others. We assist the Watchman class in sounding out the warning of impending doom. In order to do this effectively, we must put our priorities in order. As lovers of truth, our innermost desire is to enjoy sweet fellowship in the congregated throng and help those mourning over all the detestable things in the nations to come to the mountain of Jehovah and seek refuge in his house of pure worship. For as long as we may live, may we always put Kingdom interests first and resist our enemy Satan the Devil and his insidious tool, the internet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit