Three Questions

by StinkyPantz 30 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    What is the air speed of an unladen sparrow?

Would that be an African sparrow or a European sparrow?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
  • In spite of all we know that is wrong with the WTS does that mean there is no chance of them being used by God today as His Christian witnesses?
  • Yes it does. They can be demonstrated to be false prophets according to the Biblical definition, therefore by their own standards God cannot be using them.

• Because of their error/s should we act as if everything we learned and accepted from them is untrue or invalid?

Yes. Jesus said of false prophets, "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit." While this doesn't necessarily mean that nothing they teach is correct, it does mean that we should accept nothing they teach on their authority, because in God's eyes they have no authority. Every doctrine, indeed, our entire doctrinal structure, needs to be reevaluated from the ground up.

What do you believe the history of the errant ancient Israelites means for the Witnesses today?

Absolutely nothing. The Bible records that God adopted the nation of Israel as His people, confirming this with a covenant. The Watchtower has been a false prophet since its inception, and there is no evidence that it ever had a real relationship with God as His people.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

To my mom:

1. Was it worth it to give up your 2 living children, husband, and 2 living grandchildren for the (false) hope of seeing your dead baby again?

2. Who was your favorite? Me or my sister?

3. Which is better, being a martyr or a victim?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Would that be an African sparrow or a European sparrow?

Errrr.... Uhhhh... I don't know.

I wonder, why no one ever answers my questions seriously..

Oh, SweetiePants... we're just having a bit of fun.

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn
    What is your name?
    What is your quest?
    What is the air speed of an unladen sparrow?

that was SO what i was going to write when i saw the topic heading....

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Straight up?

My father: Why were we run out of town and how were the Masons connected?

My mother: Why did you stand there and let it happen without doing anything to stop it?

My father and mother: And, tell me everything that happened in 1966 (i..e, how many rapists do I really have?)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    wonder, why no one ever answers my questions seriously..

Gosh, Stinky, there are so many that I would want to question. I'd start with God.

Since I can't pin it down to one person, how about I ask you three questions.

Do you like yourself?

Where did you meet your husband?

Do you like most people?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Gosh, Stinky, there are so many that I would want to question. I'd start with God.

If there is a God..

Do you like yourself?

Usually yes.

Where did you meet your husband?

Kansas

Do you like most people?
    Yes. Interesting question, why do you ask?
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yes. Interesting question, why do you ask?

Just trying to know you better. I enjoy your posts.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If there is a God..

I know something more intelligent and powerful than us exists. I tend to call it "the one that left us here."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit