Peterson verdict being announced!!!

by Billygoat 37 Replies latest social current

• Valis
    Valis
    why texas?

I think avi is referring to the rather swift execution of death row inmates?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

During the last days, when the defense attorney, abruptly ended the trial, and said he wouldn't be there for the verdict, made me think he must have thought there was going to be a guilty verdict. He obviously though that he was guilty too huh? M'

• freedom96
    freedom96

Is there any reason at all why we shouldn't allow Laci's parents beat the hell out of Scott, and then, while he is still alive, take him into the bay, attach some anchors to his feet, and send him over?

And, we would save tons of money rather than paying over $100,000 a year for his sorry ass. Take that money and put it into education.

• Realist
    Realist

freedom,

thats the difference between a barbaric and a modern society.

• avishai
    avishai

Yes. A barbaric society takes care of it's murderers before it's children.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    that must have been quite a psychosis.

Or maybe Scott is just diabolically evil.

• riz
    riz

back to teejay's original question, i agree with avishai. i think most people were interested because a pretty man killed his pretty wife.

if scott and laci were your average not-so-nice-to-look-at couple i don't think there would have been much media attention. i don't know about you but i can't remember the name of the guy who did the exact same thing to his wife last year. i think many people have a perception that pretty people have perfect lives so why would this guy kill his beautiful wife?

hundreds of kids are murdered by their parents every year. who made international headlines while other kids are just a small blip on the radar? jonbenet.

andi, i know you are an exception but let's face it. humans are shallow.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think several things made it a huge media thing.

1. It happened at Christmas
    2. Laci was pregnant, and only six weeks left until the baby's birth
    3. Scott behaved oddly, and not grief stricken
    4. It turned out he had a mistress
    5. And a few more I can't remember right now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit