Circuit Overseer's Talk: " We need 5 meetings a week and weekly mags"

by truthseeker 39 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The CO said that a few had asked, "is it necessary to have 5 meetings a week, and a magazine every other week?"----

The only logical conclusion is that, since meetings and magazines have been substantially decreased recently, the GB is guilty of negligence of the flock.

Or, that it wasn't really "necessary" back then and the GB just wanted JW's time and energy to count for nothing doing a whole bunch of gratuitous "busy work".

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Yes it is a funny thread "Wha Happened". Aren't they always mentioning that scripture in Hebrews 10:25 that says " Do not forsake the gathering of your selves together but do it all the more so as you behold the day drawing near" Now that we're really close to the end, instead of adding another opportunity to gather together, they drop the bookstudy. That meeting at one time, was considered the most important of them all. During the Trubulation we were going to meet at our bookstudy groups "underground" style. They even changed the name of it to "rendezvous" because we were going to have to be really secretive about it.

Such a joke....all those people I used to know, fell for this stuff hook line and sinker.

• 5go
    5go

Yeah I was WTF they shortened it to two plus an opitional one.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Yeah, the beginning of this post confused me until I realized it was 8 yrs old, lol.

Less of both now.

Penton did say the future for JW's was to basically calm down and act like other mainstream religions. I think this is the direction it has gone and will continue to do so.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I do believe that JW's will go down the route of mainstream. They have been already. Doctrinally, it will be a mess, and it will take a lot of re-writing of our own history to forget about our radical past. But the trend is clearly there since the passing away of FW Franz.

Eden

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

These old posts are great as providing primary evidence of what twats they are now.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

LOL, that hit the funny bone Julia!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Thanks. Glad to help ;)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

exactly xwhyzee. That was the sell to me coming in when I was in my early 20's. All religion will be torn down. Even KH's closed. But we'll meet in private.

What a load of crap.

What really surprises me is that among the active dubs I still know, none of them are the least bit concerened about this. Not even about having a place to meet during the so called great trib.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    EdenOne - "I do believe that JW's will go down the route of mainstream. "

Calling XJWs "mentally diseased" is mainstream?

Consolidating authoritarian control by redefining the FDS is mainstream?

Refusing to properly addess the institutionalized sexual abuse of minors is mainstream?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit