Do jws evangalize people on fringe of society?

by badboy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cypher50
    cypher50

I do remember that a few brothers & sisters in cities like NYC would do street ministry to addicts & homeless...even study with them. Of course, they didn't bring them to the hall because that would be a REALLY bad decision :|.

Overall though, JWs rather focus on easy conversions then on those who most need help.

• badboy
    badboy

wHAT THIS DISINFECTING the door knots,what ignorance!

Didn't Jesus say`I have came to seek the lost' etc etc

Shouldn't they have a Christ-like attitude,these jws?

• Englishman
    Englishman

I think that dubbism evangalises people on the fringes of sanity.

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Don't they have to "qualify" first???

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

I knew something was up two years ago after I got back from Bonnaroo Music Fest in TN. I had faded by then, and was remembering who I was (Happy Hippie Chick). Anyway, it was a 3 day weekend of music, and all the fun a human should be allowed to have. There were 83,000 people there, and no fights, no arrests. Except outside the gate, due to Liquor and no tickets.

Anyway, on Sunday there were fundy preachers at the cross-roads with their hateful signs - Elvis, Jerry (garcia) and Janis are all in HELL! What a message of comfort! I noticed people passed them like the red sea parting. I got to wondering, here is a ready made audience for the live forever on a clean and peaceful earth.

When I returned home, it had leaked to the family that I attended this event. I did tell them bout the crowd, and all these peaceful people...surely the society would send missionaries to the hippies (a la Paul - to the hippies I became as a hippie!) The reaction from the family (3 elders and wives) was less than enthusiastic. In fact, I was asked not to bring it up again.

After a little thinking, I realized it is because hippies (or anyone on the fringe) have NO A$$ET$!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Blondie

Think of Jesus who touched the leper. I could never imagine any JW doing the same. I can remember someone's student visited the KH and the word had spread that they were HIV positive. No one would shake hands with him although that was the custom in the KH to shake hands with visiting students. The living end was when I saw one of the attendants going around and disinfecting all the door pulls they touched. They carefully kept track of what chair he sat in and changed out the seat afterwards.

That absolutely sickens me. I remember several years ago, at my previous church, there were some families that had been rude and disrespectful to some prostitute-looking women that had visited with another member. The member was gossiped about because of "bringing the trash in". Our pastor gave a VERY courageous and moving sermon on Christ's love and who he hung out with. Basically he denounced those families that were being so unloving to the church guests...that more than anything we were to reach out to them and make them feel welcomed. I remember it as being one of the times I was most proud of our pastor. He just "got" it.

Andi

• badboy
    badboy

So jws only evangalize those who have money,a bit like the pharisees.

How loving the jws are!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit