How many people do you *truly* hate?

by Nosferatu 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I am of the belief that every person has redeeming qualities. I don't even hate the guy that molested me, I just wish he'd pay his time for it. Hate is a wasteful emotion. It depletes you and reduces you to nothing more than a caricature. It seems a whole lot of time is wasted in families that hold grudges, when you could all be together.

CG

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Hate implies you still have emotion for that person. I think if your *truly* hate someone, your emotion for them is dead. You could care less whether they live or die. I have this feeling for my ex-husband. He is dead to me. If I found out he died tomorrow in some heinous way, I'd be like "Eh? Who cares?"

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Zero hate baby.

I carried tons of hate as a JW. It was rotting me from the inside out.

Once I realized the Truth about the Troof, I walked down the hallway in my office building and asked for forgiveness from a good friend who I for years shunned because they were DF?d.

It still hurts to even type that knowing what a pompous asshole I was.

They were very appreciative for my asking for forgiveness, and they were/are a key player in my healing process out of the cult.

I carry zero hate for all of my ?friends? that now shun me; I only pity them and hope for the best for them.

Hate is poison, and the WatchTower brokers it by the bushel. I?ve spewed and festered enough hate as a JW to last me a thousand lifetimes, and I refuse to be a merchant for the WTS?s main product ever again.

~ Paul

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Why all of the negative words over a little bit of hatred? It's just a feeling. Not much effort required.

Man, I gues cheeses is the only one who's with me. I don't waste my time hating people who don't have an influence on my life, just the people who push themselves into my daily activities and try to destory them. These are the people who have nothing better to do than fuck with other people's lives. They should be concerned about their own, not everyone elses.

I also don't sit around and contemplate how much I hate them. Like cheeses said, it's just an feeling, and a very strong one at that. The opposite of hate is like. Is it wasteful to like something?

I guess it depends on how you let hate affect your life. If you let it affect you to the point where you become an incredibly negative person, then I guess it can be harmful. Personally, I consider myself a very positive person.

If an opportunity ever arises where I can get someone I hate locked up, I'll do my best to make sure it happens. I'm sure I'm not the only person who truly hates the people on my list.

• Golf
    Golf

Right on Country Girl, right on! Guest 77

• blondie
    blondie

Hating is exhausting and it keeps that person involved in your life when you really want them out of it (you do don't you).

I just protect myself from their hurtful behavior and move on.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit