What do our past Witness friends say about our Christmass tree and lights?

by PinTail 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• PinTail
    PinTail

I have always liked the lights of Christmass, and some how I still feel weird when they do our our area in the field service. What do you say to them when they come to condem and roll their eyes at you for it?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well.....Why don't you get a sign with lights that says....I Love Christmas!

Then you answered their question!

P.S. if you really want to mess with them...call it personal lighting...or tell them you can't find your way home in the dark and you put up lights so you get home safely....or tell the god damn kids did it again....or tell them that you have SAD (sesonal affective disorder) and you need the light to get out of the depression of winter darkness.

Brooke

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Last year I celebrated my first Christmas in over 20 years. I didn't have any lights up, but my decorated tree was plainly visible from the street. Since the JWs were staking out my house at the time I'm sure they noticed. My neighbors noticed it and asked me about it, because they knew my mom, whose house it is, is a JW. (she's no longer there). It gave me a great opportunity to educate them about the smiling lying bastard cultists that knock on their doors every so often. They were so happy to hear the book study? was gone forever!

Walter

• Sassy
    Sassy

I moved.. so no one knows where I live that I was every a JW..

it is such a free feeling

• Angharad
    Angharad

The first year we left, our little rebellion was to put up a little christmas treethat lit up in the front window, in the middle of OCTOBER

And it was noted, as my sister who lives 80 miles away found out about it

Who cares what they think, have fun

• Purza
    Purza

I moved too so no one knows my background. I allowed lights last year and now fiancee is asking for a tree. I am still waivering about a tree (those old feelings are tough to get over).

Purza

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Next year, when our lights go up, I plan on saying this:

"A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area." - AW 9/22/03 p23,24

So, since people in my area consider lights to be a beautiful form of harmless decoration, whose origins are entirely forgotten, I see no problem in putting them up.

Next year, we will be putting up christmas lights on our house and evergreen, as well as getting a couple of deer for the yard. Today, I saw an add for polar bears (instead of deer). We might go with two of them, making them bi-polar bears.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I tell you it is so liberating to move from an area where you were an witness. I live in a whole different area, and no one knows I was ever a witness unless I chose to tell them.

I lOVE CHRISTMAS.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about anyone I know seeing my tree, and if I did, I would not care less. They are the ones missing out on such a festive Holiday, and the warm feelings that it evokes. I think deep down inside, some of the dubs a little jealous when they see such beauty, but they know that they can have no part of it.

I have spent the last 2 days so far getting the tree and decorations up, and it has felt so good. It seems to keep my mind off some of the madness that is going on in the world, and gives me a chance to ponder, and wish an end to all of the fighting that is becoming more and more prevalent. There truly is a "Spirit" of Christmas that is unsurpassed.

Get Y'alls trees up, deck your halls, and get a start on the Eggnog, it will be here before you know it!!!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I am still waivering about a tree (those old feelings are tough to get over).

I don't have a problem with a tree. It's just a decoration, nothing more. But it gave me pleasure to know that it would irritate the JWs that were staking me out.

Christmas trees in my home are less offensive to me than pedophiles in my congregation. The JWs have no business pointing their fingers at anyone.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit