I couldn't believe this email I just received from a JW friend.

by codeblue 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

The safest place in a hurricane is the local Kingdom Hall, too.

Since they don't open for a shelter...not one person has ever lost their life there.

A 100% safety record !

Hey...wait...

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    how the hell are you supposed to get to the KH? you can't walk, drive, or ride so what do you do...teleport?

LOL. I guess service is out of the question, too, 'cept for maybe tele-witnessing. SNG

• Special K
    Special K

It is kind of funny but..

in reading it I see the fear and phobia's that this cult can and does instill in people.

special K

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

except for the last sentence - I rather like the sarcasm.

• jb
    jb

I think it's funny. It is a joke, right?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah well I'd rather be dead...

• SAHS
    SAHS
    Why don't you send her back an email comparing the rates of alleged child molestation in the JWs versus say the Catholic church and tell her the conclusion is that the Kingdom Hall is not the safest place to be as she claims.

Well, this isn?t necessarily true . . . . unless the Kingdom Hall has a basement.

?SAHS

• Mary
    Mary
    how the hell are you supposed to get to the KH? you can't walk, drive, or ride so what do you do...teleport?

Beam me up Scotty!! Actually, I think this is great! If you can't drive to the KH, you have a much better chance of not dying.....that means you can't use a car to go out in Service either, so your chances of being shot by a householder also drops dramatically. And if being in a place of worship is the safest place to be, does that mean that we're safe if we go to another church or synagogue?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Actually, I've seen this before, except it didn't say Kingdom Hall, It said Church.

We used to have a Penticostal Christian in our office who would regularly send E-Mails out with crap like this. Sometimes we would get stuff like this 2 to 3 times a day from her, which used to piss everybody off.

One day, I had enough of the crap e-mails she was sending. She sent the above e-mail to the usual people on her distribution list. (Myself included). It just so happened that I read on MSNBC.com or somewhere the day before about a shooting in a church somewhere where somebody died. So, I responded to her e-mail and CC'd everybody on the distribution list with a link to the shooting article. I was promptly taken off her E-Mail distribution list. (Thank God!).

So, This witness who sent you this e-mail just plagiarized an article that has been out there for a few years now and replaced Church with Kingdumb Hall.

• franklin J
    franklin J

...this is a very good incentive to NOT get out of bed in the morning....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit