I feel pretty....... oh so pretty........ :D :D :D

by pr_capone 21 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Sounds good, mate. Happy for ya. Need any technicians to help out?

FMZ

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

LMAO, I already have one other guy here working here with me to work things out but I will definately keep you in mind.

Kansas District Overbeer

• AlanF
    AlanF

Still running Win95? Jesus Christ! Seems like he needs his bionic CPU upgraded a lot more than his computer systems do.

AlanF

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Hey I used to work on the UNIVAC 20/20 !

16 bit register diagnostics

That was slow t/s

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I feel pretty....... oh so pretty........

Aaaaaaaah!What is the Song that line is taken from????

Im going mad thinking what it is!

Congrats on the job btw.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Nice work, pr!

Fleaman, the song is "I feel pretty", and it is from West Side Story. Maria sings it.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I've got to hand it to you, planting that system crash was a stroke of brilliance. Now, don't forget to insert a bomb that brings the system down every time your name is removed from the payroll file.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

PR, Hope it falls together for you like you hope. Great stuff!

My first at work computer was an IBM 8088 (8086?) with a 10meg harddrive and a 5.25 floppy! It ran DOS 2.1, with WordStar and SuperCalc - predicessors to Word and Lotus1-2-3.

Moved on up in PCs as jobs and life happened, and along the way did system admin for Unix/Xenix, both old command line and some of the old GUI.

Novel and some pier-to-pier networking.

Also did work on VAX/VMS systems with some awesome multi-layerd database software written in it's own language. The company developed some pseudo-artificial intelligence common english command language that was pretty trick, too. What was really trick was when the Windows PC's were networked with the VaxVms system...

Have fun. computers can be fun, and can be a royal pain in the arse.

Peace

Brenda

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Alright boys and girls... tommorow at 10 A.M is the big day! I'm sooooo excited! lol

w00t!!!!!!!

Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed! If the deal goes through, I will have the best day in quite some time. Not only will I get the job but I have a second date with a nice little gurlie that I met at dance.

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!

Kansas District Overbeer

p.s. Planting that system crash wasnt that difficult really, all I had to do was set a program to work correctly in Microsoft Scheduler and off it went! lol

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Let's all get ready to pick up the pieces if this doesn't work out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit