I feel pretty....... oh so pretty........ :D :D :D

by pr_capone 21 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Wow, I just had an amazing night fiscaly. Nothing is set in stone yet but I have a meeting set up with the owner of an accounting firm on Thursday to revamp his ENTIRE computer network. I dont want to speak in specifics when it comes to the amount of cash involved but its easy to say that I will be set nicely for some time because of this job.

It was solidified tonight because his system had a very destructive crash today at about 10 in the morning. They all worked all day to try to remedy the problem and none of them could. I came in at about 7 today and had it up and running in just over an hour. We called the owner of the company and basically told him that his current computer system isnt worth a plug nickle, we put a band aid on it so it works for now but it needs to be updated dramaticaly. He was VERY impressed and asked me to come in on Thursday with some proposals for new systems for his office.

He flat out told me on the phone that whatever I recomended he would go ahead and do. Gonna go meet with him and if all goes well, you all wont be hearing from me for about 2 weeks while I get all this stuff done.

w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kansas District Overbeer

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Wow!

Good luck!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I trust you'll be going with the tried and true Apple II on Token Ring?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I was thinking more along the lines of a Commodore 64. No reason to go with that piece of junk they call the PC Junior. :D

Kansas District Overbeer

• Beans
    Beans

When you meet with this guy slap yourself in the head and say shut up to yourself and then see if it's all a go after that, just for fun eh!

Good Luck

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I feel pretty....... oh so pretty

Congrats PR! I can say that I knew you when. Really, I'm happy for you.

Chris

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

And just what is wrong with the Univac, I ask?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Or the ENIAC? (This looks like some patch rooms I've been in...)

• FMZ
    FMZ

PR... what kinda setup are you going to propose, what kind of structure? Just out of interest mate.

FMZ

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Still working on the specifics but the biggest factor I had to take into consideration was the fact that this guy is as CHEAP as they get. Example, he refused to buy 4 reams of paper for $2.50 per ream but was extatic when he was able to purchase a bundle of paper and it came out to $2.00 per ream.

Keeping this in mind, I am thinking about a basic 2.4 gig Intel Celeron (ick... I wouldnt touch that stuff for myself, I prefer AMD) processor for the user systems and a 3.2 gig for the server with a gig of RAM.

Also, adding cable internet throught the entire office as opposed to having a single computer running AOL. lol

Windows XP versus the Win 95 that he is currently running is going to be huge improvement all by itself. :D

Kansas District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit