Can you stand in court with a silent lamb?

by Dogpatch 26 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Dang...I hate steppin in right now...but back to Randy's topic.

his step daughter also offered testimony of her molestation but her testimony was kicked out due to the statue of limitations in California.

I'm wondering....why didn't the' two witness rule' apply within the congregation in this case?

I prolly missed something.

Gumby

• Corvin
    Corvin

Yes, back to Randy's topic . . .

I posted the following earlier, and then again on the other thread related to this topic, but just in case it gets missed . . .

Re-read this please:

On November 11, 2003 Howard Kanhe a Jehovah's Witness in good standing was convicted of molesting his daughter, in addition, his step daughter also offered testimony of her molestation but her testimony was kicked out due to the statue of limitations in California.
    Apparently this information was part of the congregation record as well in that Howard Kanhe was disfellowshipped in the early summer of 2002 for confessing to child molestation yet he was reinstated latte summer of 2002 due to his great 'repentance.

These victims do not need distant prayers and posative wishes. They need to physically see others who believe and support them. What they are going through is terribly difficult and they are taking the hard road for the sake of REAL truth and justice, not Jehovah-justice. We have all had our fill of WT justice, haven't we?

The judge also needs to see with his own eyes that others care and are watching what unfolds. The perp has support of the most disgusting kind and I for one cannot have a clean conscience knowing what I know and not making the effort to do something to make a difference. I am 1 hour and 41 minutes away from the Riverside Courthouse. There is no excuse or reason why I cannot do something good for another human being who is in need and so close.

Who will be there to stand up for you or your children? Who will not object to what this sick man did if not we? We are not talking about a woman on the side of the road with a flat tire we see as we are driving along, and we just too lazy or in such a hurry to stop and give assistance to. No, we are talking about a victim of one of the most evil crimes one can perpetrate on a child. We must object. We must raise our voices and support her and every other victim we are aware of.

Each one of us as former victims of the WTBTS and their drones have the obligation, now that we are out, to help others. We can make changes and expose the organization for the sham it really is, but only if we choose to, only if we do it collectively. There is power in numbers, but complete impotence in apathy and mediocrity. We can sit around bitching about what happened to us, but we can also step up, be seen, be heard and be the difference that makes a difference in someone else's life. We owe it to ourselves and we owe it to other human beings in need. We must not turn out backs, ever.

Corvin

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

corvin your right of course.. but ya know a lot of us (me) dont have the means to go to california and sorry but my prayers and postitive thoughts are all i got. and some of us (me) have battles of our own we're fighting i havent seen my kids in MONTHS because i'm bad association and my jw ex wont drive them an hour and a half to see me since i have no vehicle anymore.and my own daughter that lives in the same CITY as me wont come see me or give me a ride up to the other kids when she goes.. THATS what i'm fighting to change at the moment. . maybe i read your tone wrong.. but i'm not going to feel guilty about that prayers and positive thoughts are all i've got to give to that poor girl. i've fought for a molested child in my life. i took her into my home and talked to her, did what i could to prevent the molestor from becoming an elder ( failed) , have got up and walked out of the hall when he visited to give sunday talks and told anyone that asked WHY i walked out.. the child is now a strong young woman in her mid 20s. far far away from the wtbs and part of her recovery came from my efforts so i can encourage you by letting you know that success is possible in helping the victims heal and move on with their lives.

i applaud your fire, your drive and your determination and wish you well on your quests.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I have been out of this organization for 15 years, and have resolved any issues I once had with them. Right now I'm at a point where I frankly don't give a damn what the latest Watchtower says.

Having said that, I am an abuse survivor so from that standpoint I am interested in helping those innocents hurt by evil policies put in place by this organization. But I choose where and when, as I've had my fill of arbitrary standards . If another chooses to make a more public stand, then so be it. But I do think it is a mistake to hold everyone to the same standard.

But my heart is with those young women in the courtroom.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

dunno why i'm so irritated.. its not like me... but regarding corvins statement

Each one of us as former victims of the WTBTS and their drones have the obligation, now that we are out, to help others. We can make changes and expose the organization for the sham it really is, but only if we choose to, only if we do it collectively.

i have an obligation corvin first to recover myself, save my kids and i'm not joining a lynch mob or even taking on the lynch mob mentality , i'm not that kind of person , i have a LONG road to go myself . as i said in my previous post.. we all have our battles to fight, dont hold it against us that choose to fight battles within our own lives, or battles other than the one you have chosen to undertake .some of us have other agendas which are just as important .also, some of us dont have your means or your strength everyones experiences are different, and everyones course of action can be just as different.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Of course it was NOT my intention to cause anyone to feel guilty, and I agree with what you folks say above. One of you resides in TX and the other in TN. I would not expect anyone to travel that far, especially if it were not reasonable to do so.

Yes, we all do what we can, and I in no way meant to project the standards I hold for myself onto anyone else. You are all fine people and doing what you can to recover and survive yourselves. Me too. In my case, however, I live less than two hours (driving time) from the courthouse and I am going to support the victims in this matter.

Thanks folks,

Corvin

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i knew i was irritated for nothing last night when my man said " your projecting your distaste of being told what to do unfairly on this fella"

sorry he called you a fella lmao

thanks for the reply corvin i feel better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit