Keep on the Watch--What Does It All Mean? page 8

by blondie 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

So the Christian should give thoughtful consideration to the probable consequences before entertaining the prospect of interracial marriage

Although this term is frequently used, I still find it has racist undertones. Aren't we all of one race: The Human Race? I prefer the term used by many now: Multi-Cultural

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

So the Christian should give thoughtful consideration to the probable consequences before entertaining the prospect of interracial marriage

Although this term is frequently used, I still find it has racist undertones. Aren't we all of one race: The Human Race? I prefer the term used by many now: Multi-Cultural
    This is a bit off-topic but, why do you feel it has racist undertones? (And why is this highlighted, damnit! ) All "race" is are gentically transmitted physical characteristics. Racism is the belief that one race is superior, so I don't see how calling a couple interracial is a demonstration that one thinks one of the races is superior. Also, although my husband and I are different racially, culturally we are very similar, so I don't see our relationship as "multi-cultural". I am curious about your comment though, maybe you could elaborate for me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit