• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Agent Smith,

Read the first few posts of this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/75920/1.ashx

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,

I think these points from your post on daniel the easiest to understand from a layman's point of view.

7. The number of Persian words in the book, especially in the Aramaic part, is remarkable (cf. prtmym "nobles" in Daniel 1:3 from Avestan fratema and Sanskrit prathema, and many others). That such words should be found in books written after the Persian empire was organized and when Persian influences prevailed, is not more than would be expected and should not at any rate have been used by Daniel under Babylonian supremacy.

8. Not only does Daniel contain Persian words, but it contains at least three Greek words: qytrs < kitharos (3:5, 7, 10, 15), psntryn < psalterion (3:5, 7, 10, 15), and swmpnyh = symphonia (3:5, 15). The use of these three words fixes the date of the historical portions of Daniel after the time of Alexander the Great, and the use of symphonia to refer to a "musical instrument" is even later.

9. The Aramaic of Daniel is a Western Aramaic dialect of the type spoken in Palestine, known from inscriptions dating to 3rd cent. BC to the 2nd cent. AD and also of the Targums of Onkelos and Jonathan.

I think number 7 chould read to help the layman like myself:

7. The number of Persian words in the book, especially in the Aramaic part, is remarkable (cf. prtmym "nobles" in Daniel 1:3 from Avestan fratema and Sanskrit prathema, and many others). That such words should be found in books written after the Persian empire was organized and when Persian influences prevailed, is to be expected if Daniel was written latter than the Babylonian supremacy, and should not at any rate have been used by Daniel if writen while under Babylonian supremacy

I sure I'm saying the same thing just a little more redundantly,, but some how for the layman like myself it seems to be easier to grasp.

• IT Support
    IT Support

frankiespeakin ,

This type of vanity would have to have a show of humility and honesty in order to further justify the vanity, which would even fool the possessor into thinking that's why god choose them

Interesting thought, thanks. You may well be right.

czarofmischief ,

One of the justifications I recall was that the prophecies were not completely fulfilled when they were uttered.

You're quite right, I'd forgotten that. Thanks.

In other words, they say, because the prophecies didn't come true back then, that guarantees they must come true in future!

Leolaia ,

Agent Smith,

Gee whiz, that's right, Agent Leo...

Read the first few posts of this thread:

Awesome, Leo. Or I love the French expression: formidable!

I copied your posts into a Word document and will now try to digest all 28 pages!

Thanks again,

Ken

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit