"Greater Fulfilment"

by IT Support 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

``Type" and ``Antitype:" a real blast from the past! Haven't seen these expressions since Freddie's heyday! And, given the current state of diminished imaginative capacity in Writing, we're unlikely to. Freddie's real Magnum Opus in the genre was the hallocinogenic You May Survive Armageddeon into God's New World, which purported to explain (i believe) 43 of them!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The last time they used the "antitype"-"type" language seems to have been in 1999.

• blondie
    blondie

type and antitype are definitely Adventist terminology.

All this was used to establish the legitimacy, so-called of the WTS, as the only group with God's backing. These prophecies if fulfilled on them alone proved that in their minds.

Blondie

• Preston
    Preston

I hear that the members of the governing body do all of their important thinking on the toilet...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    I hear that the members of the governing body do all of their important thinking on the toilet...

That's because they're part of the "John" class.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

The John class! Brilliant! Or do you mean, the modern-day John class?

• minimus
    minimus

Do you notice that the "greater fulfillment" always seem to revolve around the Jehovah's Witnesses? ALL of the book of Isaiah refers to something related to the JW religion. "Greater fulfillment" is code for "everything pictures us (JWs)."

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Funny how they always,, think everything in the bible is about "them".And since it is about "them" it has got to be the "greater" fullfillment.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Freddie's real Magnum Opus in the genre was the hallocinogenic You May Survive Armageddeon into God's New World, which purported to explain (i believe) 43 of them!

ROFL!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Funny how they always,, think everything in the bible is about "them".And since it is about "them" it has got to be the "greater" fullfillment.

lol - never the lesser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit