Nancy can't watch scary movies.

by Nancy Drake 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Last night, I got up for work (Third Shift) Everyone in the house is asleep. After watching the movie "THE RING" earlier that day with my neice and nephews, I started scaring myself with my thoughts. My son's TV has a weird short and sometimes it comes on by itself...(one time I woke up around 5 am and Saved by the Bell was blaring in his room)...(now that's scary)

Anyway, I started to think, oh my god, what if the TV turns itself on right now I would freak out!!!

So, as I'm thinking this, I hear a man's voice coming from my son's room. I'm like, ok, it's one of his toys..but then I can hear it's a man just talking. So I run into my bedroom and make my boyfriend wake up...I'm screaming, "There's something going on in Jaysen's room! Please get up." I'm crying all hysterically like a nut job and he listens in my son's room and doesn't hear it.

As soon as he starts walking away, the guy started talking again and he finally hears it. So he snaps my son's light on and we can hear it and we're going through all his toys.

Turns out it was a walkie talkie under a bean bag chair...my nephew had been using it earlier that day and it was picking up some weird ass guy talking.

My boyfriend hugged me and said, "You're not allowed to watch scary movies ever again."

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Well done.

(applauds nancy)

It's been a long time since I had that reaction - although when I saw the Blair Witch Project, I was sitting there thinking, this is dumb - but then I had to walk home through the woods... yikes...

CZAR

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Funny.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Thats funny.

Now go watch the Grudge, cause its pretty good, in a weird way.....

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Been there. It happens everytime i watch a scary movie.

Something weird or a nightmare will get me good.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Now go watch the Grudge, cause its pretty good, in a weird way.....

Nancy has seen the grudge, and she wasnt half as scared as me.

BTW, good post nancy

Brummie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I can't watch Scary Movies.

I watched that "Fallen" movie one with Denzel Washington....and I was crying did not sleep for 2 weeks and still can't not listen to the song "Time" (well I don't know the song title but something like that) by the "Rolling Stones"....by the way have any of them died yet? I was doing laundy in my basement where my computer used to be and that Damn song came on by the chat room radio and I was so scared. The time it started playing I was walking up the stairs with folded clothes and when it started I was running up the stairs all scared and crying . Needless to say the clothes were unfloded by me throwing them in the air trying to make it up the stairs as fast as I could.

Also, in English Class I still have no idea why they made us Watch "Lady in White" I was so scared I was just glad it was day light when I got out of class. Did anyone ever see that movie? Did you ever have a dream....... god get her out of my head!

I can't watch scary movies with out acting like a scared school girl...thank god I am a girl otherwise I would be a even bigger pansy!

Brooke

• AlanF
    AlanF

I was watching Sesame Street on Saturday morning when all of a sudden Big Bird came out of the TV and bit me on the foot! I couldn't sleep for two nights!

AlanF

• undercover
    undercover

I gotta admit...The Ring was damn creepy. There were several times that somebody walked over my grave while I watched that movie

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Alan, I used to get nightmares about Lady Elaine Fairchild from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood - only in my dreams she was twelve feet tall and could trip you with the wind!

Yikes...

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit