Watchtower responsible for 18 year long IRS tax persecution

by Dogpatch 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

I met Alvin a year ago. He came to my home and gave me a ton of papers that
    deal with this case. He was living in Knights Landing CA at this time.

If you are interested in more about this you can check out Alvin's sight.
    http://www.pennibanctrust.com/?content=documents
    Click on the titles on top to see pictures etc.
    Alvin has received no money from the WTBTS as far as he last told me, and I
    do not foresee him getting a dime.

Scorpion

• Farkel
    Farkel

Thanks for checking up on that story, Skally. When I first read it several years ago, it smelled like a hoax, or at the least, the rantings of a delusional person.

It's a shame that with so many REAL facts available to expose the WTS, some lunatics have to make up crap. In so doing, that makes the real facts look suspect, too.

Farkel

• franklin J
    franklin J

big money = big corruption

• hornetsnest
    hornetsnest

Folks, I hate to rain on your parade here.

I too heard of this some years ago. The individuals involved live less that 200 miles from me and as I've always felt that where there's smoke, there's fire, I wanted to dig into it a bit.

I personally have contacted many of the participants there including:

The editor of the newspaper in which that article appeared. It's a right-wing newspaper, yes, and that explains the vivid style in which it is written. However, many of the facts are true and can be verified by court documents, etc. I've contacted him about 4 times, and the last time the conversation was very open and lengthy. (About one hour.)

The lawyer involved. I contacted him by both telephone and email. The case was very real, and he was livid about the uncivilized manner that he was treated by the WTBTS lawyers. He's based in Maryland. Also, it appears that Hansen still owes him $26,000.

The F.B.I. office in Medford, Oregon (the nearest office). The agent I spoke with was quite candid. Not only was there a huge and lengthy dispute, but it went into the courts. He had some very strong advice for me: "Whatever you do, DON'T get involved with either of those parties!" (The WTBTS or the Hansen's, et. al.) When I mentioned that I was raised as a JW, he just rolled his eyes and threw his hands in the air. LOL!

Both the editor and another party (a minister of one of the local churches) were parties to the law suit. As with the editor, I've spoken to the minister at length.

I have the address and telephone numbers of both Alvin Hansen and his son, and am planning on making a trip down there soon to meet and interrogate them. There is definitely some fire here, and I intend to find out how much.

I can tell you a few things: 1. The suit against the WTBTS was real, but it involved a unique strategy. 2. Hansen had recruited quite a crew to back him, including some of the more important men of the town. 3. The WTBTS managed to win the suit on appeal by demonizing Hansen as a wild-eyed radical, and Hansen played into their hands. (I reckon most of us would have been radicals too, after 18 years.) 4. Apparently they could have still won, but Hansen got cold feet there at the last, which left a bad taste in the mouths of some of his backers.

In short, folks, I'm surprised that you are so quick to discount this as a hoax. I sense that there is a real gold mine here for us, although the information is in a very raw form. It needs to be thoroughly investigated and organized, and I haven't had the time to do it --- yet.

Finally, those of you who know me know that I am extremely outspoken. I have no compunctions at all with beating the Society over the head, publically or otherwise, and have done it many times. I posted my intentions on those other threads, and shortly after that one of the Society's trouble-shooters got a message to me. That message consisted of Prov. 26:17 --- "As one grabbing hold of the ears of a dog is anyone passing by that is becoming furious at the quarrel that is not his." What was being referring to was not mentioned. However, that was the only dispute that I was involved in at the time. You can draw your own conclusions.

So again, folks, let's not be so fast to scoff at this.

Tom Howell

Alias: LoneWolf

• hornetsnest
    hornetsnest

Hi, sKally!

Good to see that you're still just as sassy as ever! (Grin)

It was the lawyer Soll that I contacted. He was pretty reluctent to open up until he knew who I was, but was quite open and irate about that case when he did. I might add that Investigator called him before I did, and apparently that conversation was quite blue with profanity.

The last time I spoke to him, I mentioned the many sexual harassment lawsuits that were being filed against the WTBTS and asked if he'd be interested in getting a piece of them. His answer was an emphatic yes, as long as it was in Delaware.

That was some time back now, so I don't know what his attitude is now.

Tom (LoneWolf)

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Interesting Hornetsnest, thanks for the detailed insight!

Randy

• sf
    sf

{{ TIGHT HUGS TOM }} It's been a long time my friend.

Of course, when I made that call a few years back it did enter my mind then that he would indeed deem it all a hoax as to put me off the trail, so to speak; not knowing whom I was and why I was inquiring. I do recall asking if he could come here and post what he told me over the phone, yet he never did.

Now, my question is this...why hasn't/ isn't this getting much more attention?

I just did some more searching and came upon this item, just in case more info can be gleened from it:

PenniBancTrust.com
    ... October 1, 2001 Filed contempt of Judgment Writ in San Francisco Superior Court,
    State exrel Stull Abva Trust v, Bank of America, Watchtower etal Civ Crim No ...
    www.pennibanctrust.com/?content=story - 17k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

sKally

• sf
    sf

#496: 10-10-96 - Tax Protester Sentenced to More than Eight Years ...
    ... cooperated with the government in this prosecution. Leo Alexander Hoad,
    Jr. is a fugitive. The case was prosecuted by Assistant ...
    www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/1996/Oct96/496tax.htm - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Baker Botts LLP | News & Events | Deals & Suits
    ... 5/13/2003, Mail Fraud Indictment Dismissed Against Leo Hoad, Jr. 5/8/2003, Fifth
    Circuit Affirms a Second Summary Judgment in Favor of Goodyear. ...
    www.bakerbotts.com/news/deals_archive.asp - 84k - Cached - Similar pages

sKally

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Anyone have any follow up information?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit