posting

by teejay 25 Replies latest jw friends

• bem
    bem

(((((Hello SP))))) I am doing much better ty. whatcha doing playing hookie??? you ornery thing!!

Yeah Flyin' getts my attention cause I usually agree with her thoughts!

And Little Toe has a good way of handling things.

Nina and Chris are favorites.

And XenaWarrior has taken several thumps on the chin and acted like a lady anyway! I watch her posts I wanna learn her finnesse and grace!

Teejay gets my attention.

And I had two well thought out posts ready to post this week-end and the site crashed or my puter did one of the other.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Gretchen, Mulan, Codeblue, Country Girl, Little Toe, Sassy, Abaddon, Nosferatu, Simon, Minimus, StinkyPantz, hillbilly, Preston, Valis...

Also, I look for interesting topic titles.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

When scrolling through Active Topics, I rarely look at the author of the thread. If the title or subject matter catches my attention, I'll click on it, but I'll only post if I think I've got something to contribute. If not, I keep my big mouth shut. jst2law's thread on shunning is a good example. I've got nothing to contribute, so even though I've been reading, I don't post on it. Since I don't work nights anymore, I don't get a chance to read even the majority of threads now.

Chris

• Brummie
    Brummie

I read what the topic is, if it interests me I click on it

• Simon
    Simon

I normally find my last topic a few pages down and mutter things like "pearls before swine" or "unappreciative rabble"

Seriously, I do look at the poster and the topic title. There are so many it is impossible to read them all so you have to pick out the ones that look interesting.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I look at topics first. If they have "Help!" in the title, I take a look. I have steered a few newbie posters with partners/spouses/sweethearts entangled in the JW religion. I avoid nearly all political threads, unless a deceptive title sucks me in. As a consequence, I missed the results of the American election. Who won again?

Oh, yes. I read all of Frannie's and Farkel's posts. Their wit bowls me over.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I read all of the following people everyday: Teejay, Nina & Bigtex, Bigboi, JT, Abaddon, Realist, Simon.

M'

Edited to add: Dirtrocker and Aztec whenever she posts!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I use all different methods mentioned. I guess I often look at "Latest by" first, then author, and finally, topic. Like you said, certain people's names catch my eye immediately - friends, people who seldom post, people who often entertain, and those who often instruct/inform.

The list of posters I tend to "follow" is rather long but the list of those I actually do a search on to find their posts is short. (Don't want to be too much of a stalker now, do I? ) The short list changes but the long list stays pretty much the same, with new ones added from time to time.

Some people seem to fit into many categories all at once - like you, Garybuss, AlanF, and Funkyderek, for example.

Others stand out so much in their own special ways and my list of them is soooo long because we have such a fantastic group of people here contributing to this forum!!

Of course Englishman and Valis and Gumby have their very own special little corner....happily!

• Valis
    Valis

Speaking of which why am I still in the corner? alt

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

LOL Valis, this is why:

in·cor·ri·gi·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (
    adj.
    1. Incapable of being corrected or reformed: an incorrigible criminal.
    2. Firmly rooted; ineradicable: incorrigible faults.
    3. Difficult or impossible to control or manage: an incorrigible, spoiled child.

n.
    One that cannot be corrected or reformed.

(but these are the kids the class hates to have absent!! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit