Confession of sin and the watchtower

by little witch 21 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

Hi everyone, it has been awhile since I have visited and I just wanted to share a few thoughts with you today on the topic of confession of sin. For those who have never attended a church, I will explain the view of 'Christendom" on the matter.

Church for most christian denominations is a place of healing and recharging of the spirit. The New Testament acknowledges that ALL are guilty of sin and that Jesus is quick to forgive sins upon confession. The only person with authority to forgive is God himself. There is no other mediator. Telling your sins to a preacher, priest, or fellow congregant is optional (catholics excepted,but still, it is up to the congregant whether or not a confession is made to a human entity.

If a person has a problem or "sin" and chooses to confess it in a public manner, the church would rally around that person and do all they could to help. Ratting out anothers sin is highly frowned upon, as that is judging another, and unseating Christs authority. It is also gossip.

Not so at a kingdom hall. Confession of sin is to be made to elders in a back room. Sin is met not with forgiveness and healing, but with punishment and public humiliation. Sin is not between you and the Lord, but between you and the watchtower corporation. Did you ever wonder why so many jw's live "double lives"? It is not that they are hipocrits or dishonest. It is because they must hide their human faults to avoid public critisism and berating punishment. Who can blame the ones who sit in the back and leave as soon as the meeting is over. The quiet ones who can never open up on any level with fellow congregants are in reality the smartest of the group. They know the price they will pay for being honest.

I feel so bad for those who will never know how easy biblical salvation really is. The weight of salvation by works is a heavy load to bear.

Do you all remember that feeling of putting your guard up when you pulled into the parking lot? Smoothing every hair, stressing out, and trying to pretend you were someone you are not? I really hated that feeling. Comfort in any sense was elusive to me during my kingdom hall days. Boy am I glad that is over!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Hey! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((LITTLE WITCH))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I missed ya, cher! How ya been doin? Hope you have time to chat a while and share your adventures while you were away, sweetie!

Hugs,

Frannie

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Boy am I glad that is over!

Me too!

Confession to humans is not manditory. It is an option for those who feel that perhaps God has left them because of their sin to recieve encouragement. The WTS has turned it into something maditory. If you don't confess your sins to the elders, your sins will not be forgiven.

OK, that's the way they do things, but where's the follow-up? Where's the continued support? Where's the help that the person may need to get through the day?

That's why someone should talk to someone else about a problem. Not to gain "forgiveness" through the human, but to help get through the problem, to carry on, for assurance that God is OK with things.

The JW's are lacking in this.

Kwin

• Golf
    Golf

Little Witch, I like to share the following sites: http://www.jesus-is-lord/chiniguy.htm#c1 http://www.biblebelievers.com/chiniguy/index.html I just completed the last book and I have plans of purchasing the above one. I happen to sit on a committe meeting with my underage daughter and it was embarrassing and a sham. The end result was, the elders never apologized for their unwarranted committee meeting. As a former elder I never expelled anyone. My job was always to help. Yes, some elders are quick on the trigger to expel and hear the details of juicy stories, wrong, wrong, wrong! The above sites deal on this diabolical practice, CONFESSION. Guest77

• kls
    kls

How sadly true Little Witch.

I been missing you don't be such a stranger. : )

• gumby
    gumby

Hi LW....nice to have you drop by and have a cup of coffee

Kwin,

The WTS has turned it into something maditory. If you don't confess your sins to the elders, your sins will not be forgiven.

This was explained by little Freddie Franz in a lenghty Watchtower study that dealt with reporting sin that was known. This was a lame attempt to twist the O.T. law of reporting sin at the city gate. Those who hid the sin were also guilty. The Watchtower partriarchs live/lived in the O.T. and never recognised Jesus role who would overide O.T. laws.....such as the forgivness of sins.

Gumby

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

They want to know your deepest, darkest secrets, because they wish to help you...LYING BASTARDS! If you confess to the elders, the WTBS now has more control over you and that's what it's all about...CONTROL.

-BONEZZ

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Golf,

Oh, yes, Charles Chiniquy. Like everything else, there seems to be an opposing view. How truthful are his books? See

http://www.geocities.com/chiniquy

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

Kenneson, I agree with you about opposing views. I'm fully aware of the link you present. My question to you is, have you read any of his books? I read his book and the accusations they make against him is incomplete. I'm an outspoken person in my community and I can provide names of people who can freely give negative comments about me. Who would you believe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit