Were You Affected By The Cliques In The Congregation????

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

No wonder they call you "undercover".

• undercover
    undercover

Staying under the radar and out of trouble was my specialty. Back then it was to not get caught, um, "doin' things" (that was before my "mature" stage when I tried to be a good lil dubbie). Now, I use that skill to stay faded and not raise flags with my new life.

• minimus
    minimus

I do believe JWs are MASTERS of leading the double life! Subterfuge and deceit is a trait of a real good Witness!

• undercover
    undercover
    I do believe JWs are MASTERS of leading the double life! Subterfuge and deceit is a trait of a real good Witness!

It's a trait of a real "bad" witness who wants to be seen as "good" is the way I see it. There are many JWs who talk the talk and walk the walk...those are the ones that you have to watch out for because they'll blow your cover real quick if they catch on to you.

But, yes, a good many JWs become masters at leading double lives. How can we determine if we lead a double life or had leanings toward a double life? How many of us dreaded sharing classes with other JW kids in school? Ever had that sinking feeling when you realized that the new employee was a JW, a pioneer no less?

• minimus
    minimus

When I was a kid, EVERYONE knew I was a JW. I was a good boy....til I got older.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

When we got to high school, we kinda made a joke of all the JW girls being in a gang...we even had our own little hand symbol thingy too!

• minimus
    minimus

Nancy, there's nothing worse than a gang of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit