Dylan Boe - another dead miserable wretch

by Kent 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

Victim hung on to faith

By MIKE O'BRIEN
    of The Leader-Post

Dylan Boe held on to his faith until the end.

The 19-year-old was the only one of four young friends who wasn't immediately killed in a two-vehicle crash near Melville, Saturday.

Like Preston Presiloski, Adam Anderson and Elisha Stasiuk, Boe was a Jehovah's Witness. Despite numerous injuries, Boe told medical staff at the hospitals in Melville and, later, in Regina, that he would not break one of his faith's principal rules.

"He made it very plain and clear he was one of Jehovah's Witnesses and as such he would not accept a blood transfusion," said Kim Gilbert, an elder with the Parkdale congregation in north Regina, where all four of the deceased attended services.

Boe underwent one operation in Regina Saturday to remove his spleen. A second operation to treat broken bones and other injuries was halted midway after his vital signs faltered, said Gilbert, who was with Boe and his family when the young man died in hospital later that day.

"He had this grin," Gilbert said. "That was Dylan É He had a heart as big as the world and he was just as goofy."

Boe's final day illustrated what Gilbert called the most important aspect of the four friends' lives: their faith. All were baptized ordained ministers whose primary focus was spreading their faith.

Early Saturday morning, the four young people were returning from friends' graduation celebrations in Melville, Gilbert said. According to RCMP, they were northbound on a grid road and trying to cross Highway 15 when they collided with an eastbound vehicle, half a kilometre east of Melville. Two of the four were not wearing seat-belts. The 16-year-old Melville woman in the eastbound car sustained minor injuries.

Their deaths marked the second time in eight days that a close-knit Saskatchewan community is mourning the loss of young people killed in a traffic accident. On June 23, a sports utility vehicle on the way to a wedding on the Muskowekwan reserve rolled on a grid road, ejecting all seven occupants. Five of them, including the groom-to-be, died.

"It's really going to make the young ones in our congregation sit up and take notice of their lives, what they want to do with them," Gilbert said of the deaths. There are about 600 Jehovah's Witnesses in the Regina area.

He described all four as happy people with interests that included music, art and sports.

"They basically grew up together É These guys have met every week for the last 10 years."

Boe worked for a seed-cleaning firm; Anderson, 20, was a sales representative for Superstore; Presiloski, 18, delivered newspapers; and Stasiuk, a 16-year-old high school student, wanted to become a hair stylist.

A memorial service for all four friends will be held today at 1 p.m. at the Kingdom's Hall at 2020 Van Egmond Place.

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

May they rest in peace. It's for certain their parents won't have any, once the truth about the organization hits them someday, and the full realization of what they've let happen really sinks in.

RCat

• cornish
    cornish

What a really sad shame,he died for a cause the Society is gradualy trying to dismantle but at the same time trying to save face.
    How sick saving face more important than the life of a young trusting follower.
    Another notch in the cults shamefull bloodguilt record.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I don't see any indication in the article that this young man was miserable or a wretch. The article indicates that he was happy to die for his faith.

While I would agree that either way, his sacrafice was a waste, I would state that his happiness to be willing to die is actually a much more frightening thought than if he had reluctantly gave up his life to meet a religious vow.

Anyone happy to die had been misled.

hugs

Joel

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

One of the victims in this was my nephew. And I knew the other kids well.

I was thinking of him this evening and Googled his name. This post came up.

I want to tell you that the hospital staff knew Dylan wasn't going to make it. His objecting to blood meant little......a blood transfusion would not have saved him.

The families of each of these kids were never the same afterwards.

One of the fathers was an elder and subsequently resigned. I remember him saying that he had counselled many families over the years about the resurrection, but the experience of losing his son caused him to doubt his own beliefs. He and his wife barely went to meetings after this.

The family of the girl had previously lost a young son to a hit and run accident and they disappeared off the face of the earth after this happened to their daughter.

Dylan's family was practically inactive at the time ( his father is not a JW ) and they remained inactive after he died.

Adam's family was considered "weak" at the time and is still pretty much inactive.

This was nothing more than a terrible tragedy.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

This sort of scares the bejesus out of me. As the dad of a nearly 18 year old boy, who i must admit is a bit of a 'lad', likes his alcahol, cars and has fucwit mates who drink drive etc, i steel myself at times for a visit from police one day.

I hope and hope we are lucky to never be part of those tragedies that destroy families.

I woner too, how much of that elders summary of the boys lives was true? I know in the case of my son, they would no doubt say the same even though i know its not true...

Oz

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Adam's family was considered "weak" at the time and still pretty much inactive.

I don't know about that......That Anderson Family hooked my son four years ago.

Sandra Anderson screwed up a lot of peoples lives, not just our son. Our son has nothing to do with us. Four years ago he told my wife that we lied to him all these years. He said there's no sich thing as the Easter Bunny, Christmas, Birthdays,..........etc.

The bad thing is our son had a little girl four years ago with the, now ex-girlfreind. He and his new JW Bride is now trying to pull my little grand daughter in and play with her mind. Him and the New JW Bride were married within three months and we were never even told about it.

The JW Bride was best freinds with our sons ex-girlfreind for eight years back then. I think that's how she hooked him. She seen he was having girlfreind problems, drugs and alcohol, partying. It was like the "Flick of a Switch" he was different. His old freinds think he fell off the face of the earth, he has no contact with them or his own family(except a bit with his sister and her husband). He was 25 back then....He is now coming 29.

I sure would like to know what sort of MAGIC is involved to "WAKE" him up from this crap.

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Anyone on here personally know the Anderson Family???

• talesin
    talesin

J-DUBBED - Palmtree is not here anymore, but I think there are one or two others from that area.

So sorry to read about your son. This cult destroys families, and causes so much heartbreak. If you use the search engine at the top of the page, you can find threads that you will find helpful. You can also start your own topic. That is at the top of your page, too. Just click "New Topic" ,, type in the heading --- fill in some text in the block, and let us know!

Welcome.

xx

tal

• Ricomun
    Ricomun

I know the Anderson family well. I'm related to them via marriage. Darlene Anderson (Nelson) is my Aunt. I was just reinstated when I got the call from my Dad that there had been an accident. I recall seeing Preston and Elisha in my parents basement a few weeks before at a get together he had for a bunch of friends.

Ive lost touch with almost all of them since I fell away and moved out west. I can't tell you how happy I was though when I found out that the congregation no longer had their claws dug into my parents so deep.

I always respected what the JW's taught and what they stood for and was proud that my worldly friends were able to see my parents as an example of what we were like. That being said from my point of view though there just seemed to be so much hypocritical going on that i no longer wanted to be a part of it. I was reinstated to lighten the pressure of my parents because I knew they were uncomfortable socializing with their new grandkids.

I won't judge anyone who is part of the organization as long as I'm not judged for not being part of it. that doesn't seem to be the way it works though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit