Hey Americas not to blame its religion

by sleepy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

FWIW, imo, it's big corporations tapping into religion. It's the religious views that makes people vulnerable to being manipulated, but it's corporations that are running the politicians and country.

Pat

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It's the religious views that makes people vulnerable to being manipulated, but it's corporations that are running the politicians and country.

Someone once told me that all you need to do to control and manipulate a person is to watch his/her pattern of behavior and play them. I agree with you, Pat.

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks FHN,

Thomas Dewey, I think, said a long time ago:

Politics is the shadow corporations cast on the country.

Pat

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

There is no difference to me between a Fanatical Muslim, bin Laden, car bomber and a red neck, fundamental, Jerry Falwell, charismatic Christian. These type of small minded people would not hesitate to justify an Armageddon type war because "God" is on their side.

Will

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    There is no difference to me between a Fanatical Muslim, bin Laden, car bomber and a red neck, fundamental, Jerry Falwell, charismatic Christian. These type of small minded people would not hesitate to justify an Armageddon type war because "God" is on their side.

I have thought this for some time now. But I think it still comes down to being people and not religions that are totally to blame. People make choices, not belief systems. Belief systems are like a virus; they need a biological entity or in this case a mind, to replicate and go about their life process. Or maybe religion is more like a drug, it changes the tendancy of a person's behavior. The person is still responsible. Think Drunk Drivers. You can point at and yell and scream at a drunk driver all you want to, he will still hit you. You need to remove yourself from his shere of influence and then you may not get hit.

I kind of wandered and babbled there, but I think I almost got what I wanted to say accross.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

This is why I have no use for religion,

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Maybe its religion, the religious element found in most western countries but to a much larger degree in the US.
    Conservative , right wingy type christian religions, they're to blame.

Gee, if you 'tweek' that sentence with a few words, I think you would have found it popular in pre-war Nazi Germany:

Maybe its religion, the religious element found in most western countries but to a much larger degree in the U.S Third Reich.
    Conservative Liberal, right left wingy type christian Jewish religion, they're it's to blame.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Its not about tweaking words.
    The Nazis killed millions of Jews the Liberals didn't.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

the nazis didnt blame judaism as a religion, they blamed "the jews", wich was (and still is, for people with homo-florensis-like brains) used as an equivalent for throat-cutting capitalists.

good people do good things, bad people do bad things
    but religion makes good people do bad things.

same thing for nationalism and that stupid patriotism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit