You mean Britain has increasing violent crime? I'm Shocked, Shocked!!

by CaptainSchmideo 39 Replies latest social current

• Brummie
    Brummie

If Brits are copying the thugs of the USA then I say its the Brits who are the dumb, it hardly gives us any credit to try and blame America, to copy the dumb must make us dumber.

Brummie

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

>>Simon, you are always dissing america...

You guys just aren't used to a certain class of the English ... their main sport isn't soccer, it's sledging the French... if they're not doing that, then it's the Americans or the Germans... minor amusement is gotten from making fun of the Welsh or Irish.

If they find an Australian, then saying something about colonials or convicts is a reflex action... if they can't find a white 'forigner' to pick on, then they have a complex system of internal bickerings/snobberys seemingly based on regional accents and social class... or even which newspaper people read...

It's truly astonishing how embedded and reflexive all that stuff is with so many people over there... but if you complain about it, that just encourages them...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Since gun ownership is extremely difficult to do in the UK (legally), then the rise in gun crime is caused by those who ILLEGALLY own guns - hardly comparable to the US (or Canada!), where gun ownership is legal.

• avishai
    avishai
    then the rise in gun crime is caused by those who ILLEGALLY own guns - hardly comparable to the US (or Canada!), where gun ownership is legal.

Well, I'd say it's somewhat comparable, as Gun crime is largely caused here by those who illegally own guns as well.

• Simon
    Simon
    You guys just aren't used to a certain class of the English ... their main sport isn't soccer, it's sledging the French... if they're not doing that, then it's the Americans or the Germans... minor amusement is gotten from making fun of the Welsh or Irish.

If they find an Australian, then saying something about colonials or convicts is a reflex action... if they can't find a white 'forigner' to pick on, then they have a complex system of internal bickerings/snobberys seemingly based on regional accents and social class... or even which newspaper people read...

It's truly astonishing how embedded and reflexive all that stuff is with so many people over there... but if you complain about it, that just encourages them...

Spot on !!

• Realist
    Realist

the main reason for crime is poverty. especially if poor and wealthy live next to each other.

taking the weapons out of the system will certainly help reduce murder rate in the long run. but it will take a while until weapons get rare enough to make a difference.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Just thinking..

I've lived in this town of 80,000 people for 17 years now and can't recall one crime that involved firearms.

Englishman.

• TonyT
    TonyT

Dumb Americans!

• Undecided
    Undecided

If someone breaks into my home they had better be ready to pay the price for their crime. I just don't see why they think they should be free from any consequences.

Ken P.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Simon,

The fact is that gun-crime has gone up in Britain because we end up copying everything from the damaged society of America

But the UK has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the world. How could gun crime possibly be on the rise?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit