Lion Rejects Jesus

by Satanus 18 Replies latest social current

• Satanus
    Satanus

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6396422

I think the lion was a 'not interested'.

---------- Man tries to convert lions to Jesus, gets bitten 46-year-old leaps into den at Taipei Zoo, calls beasts to Christianity

A TV grab shows local resident Chen Chun AFP - Getty Images An image taken from television shows a man being attacked by a lion after he crossed a barbed wire fence to "preach" to two of the animals at the Taipei Zoo on Wednesday.
    Updated: 5:51 a.m. ET Nov. 3, 2004

TAIPEI, Taiwan - A man leaped into a lion?s den at the Taipei Zoo on Wednesday to try to convert the king of beasts to Christianity, but was bitten in the leg for his efforts.

advertisement
    ?Jesus will save you!? shouted the 46-year-old man at two African lions lounging under a tree a few meters away.

?Come bite me!? he said with both hands raised, television footage showed.

One of the lions, a large male with a shaggy mane, bit the man in his right leg before zoo workers drove it off with water hoses and tranquilizer guns.

Newspapers said that the lions had been fed earlier in the day, otherwise the man might have been more seriously hurt ... or worse

• gumby
    gumby

He was probably a Pentecostal. The big dummy shoulda practiced with a sheep first

I could prolly kick the ass of a sheep

Gumby

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

In a Coptic manuscript of the Acts of Paul (chapter 9), a lion asks to be baptized and is! He then shows he is really converted by not going to the first lioness he meets... (no kidding!)

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I guess he wanted to practice throwing a few lions to the Christians.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Had he died, I would've simply blamed natural selection..

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL.... I was just going to start a thread on this. What a dumbass!

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I wonder if he was a JW who has been confused by the "new light" into thinking that if Armageddon has actually occured but invisibly then maybe he is now free to go out and get his pet lion like the WT books promised.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe the lion thought he was eating invisible/spiritual straw when he chomped on the chritian's leg. It's funny what kind of trip it can send you on when listening to a lot of those preachers. Maybe the guy thought that he would go one better than daniel.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I vote for a pinch of mental illness with a tad of Pentecostalism thrown in for good measure. I bet he was testing his faith against Daniel. I think he needs a few more lessons in humility before he gives that a shot again.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Dumbass

He could have easily gotten the Darwin Award.... alas... he will have to settle for an Honorable Mention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit