Leaving the Watchtower -- Prolonged Adolescence?

by logansrun 13 Replies latest jw friends

• defective light
    defective light

I've come to the conclusion that what I really want out of life -- and what I think everyone wants -- is well being. It doesn't matter how you get it as long as you don't hurt anyone else. There is no recipe for well being. The roads are many and diverse. Perhaps the road I'm on isn't working. Maybe it's time to try something.....different.

Bradley....

Stay the course dude! You have done a excellent job addressing your own apprehensions....

time for a change? Just do it !

If it works out....Cool!

if it doesn't work...Ooops...next!

• logansrun
    logansrun

Good comments all. I appreciate them.

It's funny, I'm not really searching for the answers "outside" of me at this point. I've read and read and read so much. I have a pretty good working knowledge of philosophies both east and west, social science and politics. The end of it? Nothing! Ha! Sure, I've learned a lot and have my opinions, but in the end it is the the SELF and the little pond you are in which is where all the important stuff happens.

I've learned enough to know that to equate my current situation with my *self* is futile. Nonetheless, there is some tweaking to be done. Little things more than anything.

Again, good thoughts.

B.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    It's funny, I'm not really searching for the answers "outside" of me at this point. I've read and read and read so much. I have a pretty good working knowledge of philosophies both east and west, social science and politics. The end of it? Nothing! Ha! Sure, I've learned a lot and have my opinions, but in the end it is the the SELF and the little pond you are in which is where all the important stuff happens.

This is a good start, brad. Just remember, with age, time, comes wisdom. This is where all that head knowledge moves into your heart. You'll know it when it happens. You've done some deep thinking, and reading that I didn't do until my 30's, so you're ahead of the game in many respects.

You're "dilema" is "normal" for a person you're age. (Note: Normal is just a setting on a washing machine). Much like a 25 yo just a year or two out of college, and not yet "satisfied" with where they're at.

Someone said "you're right where you're supposed to be". They're right. I know, you wanna know NOW. and Patience My Arse!. It will come.

Someone else said it will start coming together in your 30's. That I've seen, and experienced, is very true.

AND it's ok to lighten up from time to time and have a good time. Take it easy. Don't think for a change. The thinker gets tired!

You're alright there, Bradly.

Big hugs

Brenda

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Bradley,

Perhaps this is what you need to hear, because this is what it boils down to:

"In order to wake up, you must commit all of your inner resources one-pointedly to the task at hand.
    You must be willing to suspend all other considerations and make awakening the top priority of this life."

~ Adyashanti

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit