Hair Loss

by drwtsn32 30 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Gasp! I think my hair might be starting to thin. It's getting a bit easier to see my scalp when I look into the mirror. (If it matters, it seems to be thinning above the center of my forehead, not the temples or crown of my head.)

I guess if I want to try and attack this problem, I should start early when I still have almost all of my hair. So I'm curious about the treatments available and people's experiences with each.

Has anyone had experience with Minoxidil (Rogaine) or Finasteride (Propecia)? I have heard that combining Minoxidil and Finasteride can give you the best results.. anyone try that? What about shampoos like Nizoral or Nano?

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I think it's a little late...LOL

You still have more than Homer.

• Princess
    Princess

N O T G O I N G T O S A Y I T........

....yes I am...it's the aspartame.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL Princess! Believe it or not, I originally wrote "Is Smurf Juice, Nutrasweet, or George W to blame?" at the end of my post. But I took it out because of the serious nature of my query. lol

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Nancy...but I want to save those last few hairs!! lol

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Are you sure it's not just the light and the mirror? The mirror can shine light straight into the front of your hair making the scalp more visible.

I used to say that losing my hair did not worry me... then one night I had a dream where I held a second mirror up to see the back of my head only to see the beginnings of a bald spot.

I woke up from that dream very unsettled with my heart racing and ran into the bathroom to make sure it really was just a dream.

Yup... my doo was still there!

I'm so parranoid that I even buy a special shampoo called Nioxin... and yes it does work for me! I used it for about a year and then switched to Herbal Essence to see if there was a difference. Within a month I found hair collecting over my shower drain that I had not seen before. That was when I immediatly switched back to Nioxin.

That stuff can be expensive so I just wait and watch for sales and specials.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Baldness/hair loss is recessive. What did your maternal grandfather's hair look like? That will give you an idea of where you're headed. Do you know if he began to lose his hair at your age?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL Else...I'm pretty sure it's not just the lighting. It does seem a bit thinner; I don't recall being able to see my scalp through the hair on the top of my head before.

I could accept it gracefully, but I choose to try and keep my hair if possible!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Big Tex, I have heard that I get the male pattern baldness gene from my mom's side, too. Her father had a full head of hair but he died at an early age. (I think in his late 30's or early 40's.) My mother's brothers have their hair still, too. My dad is almost completely bald though.

• Princess
    Princess
    But I took it out because of the serious nature of my query. lol

Ooops...sorry...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit