My head is spinning!

by bebu 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow, you really nailed that one, bebu!!!! Awesome!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I have enjoyed reading your other posts on how you reason with JWs. I really like your non-confrontational style.

Obviously you are very well informed on both the Bible and JW teaching. I wonder if you have had any other training on reasoning with the unreasonable?

• Sassy
    Sassy

Excellent Job BEBU!

I wish it as my mom that called on you!

its like witnessing in reverse.. you rock!

• bebu
    bebu

fleaman, most JWs are completely unaware of this doctrine. I discovered that point on this board! Did this doctrine ever bother you as a JW, if you were familiar with it?

Fe203girl,

I wonder if you have had any other training on reasoning with the unreasonable?

Ummm, I have 3 kids. One is a teenager. One is a "tween". One is developmentally delayed. By now I'm a certified nutcase expert!

bebu

• Gordy
    Gordy

*** Watchtower 1979 April 1 p.31 Questions from Readers ***

Questions from Readers

? Is Jesus the "mediator" only for anointed Christians?

The term "mediator" occurs just six times in the Christian Greek Scriptures and Scripturally is always used regarding a formal covenant.

Moses was the "mediator" of the Law covenant made between God and the nation of Israel. (Gal. 3:19, 20) Christ, though, is the "mediator of a new covenant" between Jehovah and spiritual Israel, the "Israel of God" that will serve as kings and priests in heaven with Jesus. (Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12:24; Gal. 6:16) At a time when God was selecting those to be taken into that new covenant, the apostle Paul wrote that Christ was the "one mediator between God and men." (1 Tim. 2:5) Reasonably Paul was here using the word "mediator" in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is "mediator." So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians.

The new covenant will terminate with the glorification of the remnant who are today in that covenant mediated by Christ. The "great crowd" of "other sheep" that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the "little flock" of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant. During the millennium Jesus Christ will be their king, high priest and judge. For more detailed information, see Aid to Bible Understanding, pages 1129 and 1130 under "Mediator"; also God's "Eternal Purpose" Now Triumphing for Man's Good, page 160, paragraph 10; also The Watchtower issues of February 15, 1966, pages 105 through 123; November 15, 1972, pages 685 and 686, under the subheading "Leading the Way to a New Covenant"; and April 1, 1973, pages 198 and 199, under the subheading "The New Covenant."

[Emphasis Added]

*** Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" (1986) pp.10-11 ch.1 The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide ***

16 Just as the ancient nation of Israel was in a covenant relationship with Jehovah God through the mediator Moses, so the nation of spiritual Israel, "the Israel of God," has a covenant relationship through a mediator. (Galatians 6:16) It is as the apostle Paul wrote to his Christian fellow worker: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus." (1 Timothy 2:5) Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants. Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. This spiritual nation is like a little flock of Jehovah's sheeplike ones.?Romans 9:6; Revelation 7:4.

[Emphasis Added]

*** Watchtower 1991 February 15 pp.15-20 "You Were Bought With a Price" ***

8 Hence, the ransom sacrifice is fundamental to the new covenant, of which Jesus is the Mediator. Paul wrote: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all-this is what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times." (1 Timothy 2:5, 6) Those words especially apply to the 144,000, with whom the new covenant is made.

[?]

11 Nevertheless, in a preliminary way, the great crowd have already "washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14) Christ does not act as Mediator of the new covenant toward them, yet they benefit from this covenant through the work of God's Kingdom. Christ still acts toward them, however, as High Priest, through whom Jehovah can and does apply the ransom to the extent of their now being declared righteous as God's friends. (Compare James 2:23.) During the Millennium, they will gradually "be set free from enslavement to corruption [until finally they] have the glorious freedom of the children of God."?Romans 8:21.

[Emphasis Added]

*** Watchtower 1998 February 1 pp.20-2 The Other Sheep and the New Covenant ***

10 "Everyone" who "exercises faith in the Son" will benefit from the ransom sacrifice. (John 3:16, 36) Paul said: "The Christ was offered once for all time to bear the sins of many; and the second time that he appears it will be apart from sin and to those earnestly looking for him for their salvation." (Hebrews 9:28) Today, those earnestly looking for Jesus include surviving anointed Christians of the Israel of God and the millions making up the great crowd, who also have an everlasting inheritance. Both classes thank God for the new covenant and for the life-giving blessings associated with it, including the greater Atonement Day and the ministry of the High Priest, Jesus, in the heavenly Most Holy.

[?]

13 What happens when the last of the 144,000 realize their heavenly hope? Will the new covenant cease to apply? At that time, there will be on earth no remaining member of the Israel of God. All participants in the covenant will be with Jesus "in the kingdom of [his] Father." (Matthew 26:29) But we remember Paul's words in his letter to the Hebrews: "The God of peace . . . brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep with the blood of an everlasting covenant." (Hebrews 13:20; Isaiah 55:3) In what sense is the new covenant everlasting?

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/mediator.htm

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

bebu ; good work. most of the wt info about the pyramid in in s in the s vol 3 , "thy kingdom come" you can look up some of it on freeminds. john

• godsgraceisfree
    godsgraceisfree

little toe, My sister is the same way. I point out discrepencies and she excuses them with statements like "everyone makes mistakes" And she isn't even a baptised jw, she has only been attending KH on Sundays but her new husband was raised jw and he doesn't live like one he just pretends some of it so he can control my sister and her kids. Yuck! I am so thankful I found this site because it gives me hope and support. btw I am not an x jw. I am a bible believing, Christ centered Christian. My hope is in a living God who loves me even at my worst. Meri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit