New book by Jim Penton, and revised book by Carl Jonsson.

by cyberguy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Jim Penton?s new book is out, "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich: Sectarian Politics under Persecution."

See Amazon-- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0802086780/qid=1099371922/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-3179410-1163212?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Also, there?s an updated version of "The Gentile Times Reconsidered: Chronology & Christ's Return," coming out shortly (as indicated from an email I?ve gotten from Carl Jonsson). It's suppose to have some minor corrections, and more proof against the 1914 teaching of JW's. (I might post a short summary of some of the additional material, as received in an email, but I had better clear it with Carl before doing this).

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Copied this from the above site on Penton's book

Editorial Reviews Synopsis Since the end of World War II, leaders of the Jehovah's Witness movement in both Germany and elsewhere have steadfastly argued that Witnesses were united in their opposition to Nazism and did not collude with the Third Reich. Documents have been uncovered, however, that prove otherwise. Using materials from Witness archives, the U.S. State Department, Nazi files, and other sources, M. James Penton demonstrates that while many ordinary German Witnesses were brave in their opposition to Nazism, their leaders were quite prepared to support the Hitler government. Penton begins his study with a close reading of the "Declaration of Facts" released by the Witnesses at a Berlin convention in June 1933. Witness leaders have called the document a protest against Nazi persecution, however closer examination shows it contained bitter attacks on Great Britain and the United States - jointly referred to as "the greatest and most oppressive empire on earth" - the League of Nations, big business, and above all, Jews, who are referred to as "the representatives of Satan the Devil." It was later, in 1933 - when the Nazis would not accept Witness blandishments - that leader J.F. Rutherford called on Witnesses to seek martyrdom by carrying on a campaign of passive resistance. Many ultimately died in prisons and concentration camps, and post-war Witness leaders have attempted to use this fact to assert that Jehovah's Witnesses stood consistently against Nazism. Drawing on his own Witness background and years of research on Witness history, Penton separates fact from fiction during this dark period.

• AlanF
    AlanF

It's going to be interesting watching the Watchtower Society scramble to try to refute Penton's material. They won't be able to, of course. They might try to refer to an Awake! article from a few years ago that tried to deal with criticisms of their cozying up to the Nazi's, but Penton has gone the extra mile in refuting that article and in finding plenty of new material.

AlanF

• vitty
    vitty

I feel this is a far more serious subject than the recent U.N business.

I must admit I didnt know about the UN till about 6months ago and it can be reasoned away , if you want it to, But this is far more damming especially as they have in the last few years trying to raise ther profile by saying how they were persecuted, and they where, but how would a witness feel if they learned that it was Rutherfords fault.

The problem is how do you get the R and File to know the truth? They dont read anything, they wont watch anything on the tv This information needs to get out BIG STYLE but how?

Witnesses dont even know the real facts about the child abuse, they think its just a few apostates lying, cos I did.

When they know somethings brewing they start to pave the way by articles in the watch tower, then when it hits, they say " We warned you, dont listen its lies" they cover there backs so well. They have every area covered its frustating.

Its also amazing how in this age of information and comunication 6 million or more people are oblivious to whats really going on.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    They might try to refer to an Awake! article from a few years ago that tried to deal with criticisms of their cozying up to the Nazi's,

Can anyone tell me the issue that article was in?

• Angharad
    Angharad

Gadget

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/nazi_conciliation.htm

I think it may be this, near the bottom of the page - July 8, 1998 Awake

• Will Power
    Will Power

Just ordered the book. It said: shipping in 1-2 weeks.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Thanks for the link Angharad> It's incredible the BS they spout and amazingly the average JW will take at face value everything the WT says as truth. Look at this as a massive WT lie to it's followers:

From the 1934 Yearbook of the JWs page 134

"It has been the commercial Jews of the British-American empire that have built up and carried on Big Business as a means of exploiting and oppressing the peoples of many nations."

and now compare this...

*** Awake! July 8, 1998 page 12 ***

"Some now hold that the 1933 Berlin convention and the "Declaration of Facts" were attempts on the part of prominent Witnesses to show support for the Nazi government and its hatred of the Jews. But their assertions are not true. They are based on misinformation and on misinterpretation of the facts."

and also compare this statement...

*** Awake! July 8, 1998 page 14 ***

"This statement clearly did not refer to the Jewish people in general, and it is regrettable if it had been misunderstood and has given cause for any offense."

The WT guys were spouting the same propoganda that the "White Supremacy" people spout "It has been the commercial Jews of the British-American empire that have built up and carried on Big Business as a means of exploiting and oppressing the peoples of many nations." and now that that kind of racism is clearly not fashionable or acceptable in 1998 they try and claim that they never said it, it's all a lie. This is a good example of showing them for what they truly are: a cult.

• VM44
    VM44
    They might try to refer to an Awake! article from a few years ago that tried to deal with criticisms of their cozying up to the Nazi's,

I remember that article, I also remember the Awake! article left out the offensive remarks Rutherford made about certain Jews. They had to! If they actually quoted what was written, there would have been no way to soften, or explain the remarks away! So they only selectively quoted, and they started their propaganda stating why there was nothing wrong at the time with Rutherford sending the letter to Hitler.

--VM4R

• Scully
    Scully

The March 1, 2003 Watchtower features a cover photo of a group of JW men with Purple Triangles on their coats together in a concentration camp. It seems to be from early in their internment - they all are fairly "plump" looking compared to other pics I have seen of extrememly emaciated concentration camp detainees.

The caption says: They Triumphed Over Persecution.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit