Do You Tend To Be Oversensitive???

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

I'm oversensitive when it comes to my kids and their feelings being hurt by others.

and

BrendaCoulter said.

He also used to say I had this need to be right all the time. I told him it was because I usually am.....

Yes, Brenda.. I suffer from that too. I'm usually right..

Special K

• Preston
    Preston
    Do You Tend To Be Oversensitive???

No....I've got thick skin

• Special K
    Special K

Hey preston

Isn't there a lotion for thick skin? Something like Senseiderm? lol

SK

• minimus
    minimus

Jesus "stumbled" his disciples.

• bem
    bem

I used to be really sensitive !! Was stumbled and corrected about all the things that were my fault! being spiritually weak like I was and always heading for an area to wreak my ship ! As it was.

Now I really care about not hurting people! But am not as sensitive for my own feelings so much.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Thru the years I do believe that I have been able to develop and maintain a sense of balance w/my emotions, but I do have to admit there are times when I can become overly sensitive if I don't keep it in check.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sensitive - yes
    Oversensitive - no

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I wouldn't say I was often stumbled as a JW, but I often saw the hypocrisy and double standards in the congregation, and would sometimes call someone on it, particularly elders. They accused me of being oversensitive, but really I'm not. I just have a low tolerence for bullshit. There's a difference.

I think their calling someone 'oversensitive' is just a way of redirecting the discussion from the issue to the one raising it.

Walter

• Big Tex
  • minimus
    minimus

I agree with you, Big Tex!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit