What kind of Curcuit Overseers visited your congregation?

by Thechickennest 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One that actually became my friend at the time was Stephen Lett - the Gov Body Member. He was quite kind and I enjoyed his visits. But in later years as I got more cynical, I always called the 'Circus Overseer Visits' since the elders put on such a show.

I always enjoyed the show as they kissed a--. Especially when the CO and DO visited the same week!!

By the way - my first post.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Mostly the ones I met were just regular old circus serpents, although there was one prima donna that I remember.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

jeff.. welcome.. i remember br. lett.. he gave an awesome memorial talk once .. of course that was before all of the memorial talks were scripted. it was very moving. he's a good speaker.. or was before the scripts had to be used.

• missy04
    missy04

I really really miss the CO and his wife. He is a genuine man that liked to laugh and took pictures of all the people at every congregation on his digital. His wife would come to my Bible studies when they were visiting and sends me letters. I got very attatched to her and miss her lots.

~Sarah

• yesidid
    yesidid

We had the good, the bad and the ugly. Same as any group on earth.

of the congregations was having problems with the teenagers.
    The elders told him about it a the begining of the visit, and asked
    him if he could pull them into line.

That week he gave the most loving encouraging talks addressed to the kids
    (those days they wern't tied to soc outlines except for public talk).
    The following Monday was a public holliday. He and his wife took
    all the young ones on a picnic and played ball games etc with them.
    He later became a DO, and was still very loving, and put himself out
    for the brothers.

• teejay
    teejay
    They're not all bad.

Truer words -- never spoken.

Nice thread. Good memories.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

The last one we had seemed to dislike kids. We invited him for lunch one day with his wife, and talk about awkward. Conversation was nil, encouragement...what is that again? Waste of time.

This one that's in this area now, I've never met him, but from what Mrs. Kwin has told me about him and his wife is that they are very kind and loving. They're very young, only in their early 30's.

We had one CO for 6 years. We lived in in one Circuit then moved to another at the same time he did. That was OK because he was a very nice one.

After him we had one who was very zealous, really really pushed service and different approachs to it.

I remember one we had, that (from reports) yelled at the elders for the BS they were giving from the platform. "You come this unprepared while I'm visiting, I'd hate to see what the meetings are like on any other night!" lol Yelling at elders rocks!

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit