Eighty eight years ago today

by Skimmer 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Eighty eight years ago today, C. T. Russell kicked the bucket and went to his, er, "reward". Yes, it was on Halloween.

Was Jellyfish Russell done in by poison, perhaps delivered by an agent operating under the direction of Booze Rutherford? Certainly Rutherford was growing tired of being denied the dictatorship of the publishing company and, judging by the events in the months following Russell's demise, he had his ursurpation plan already in place. However, depending on the (putative) poison, an exhumation could confirm foul play. If the WTBTS still owns the cemetery plot then there will be no investigation, of course.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Wouldn't the bible students own the plot?

Would you need some sort of permission from the government to exhume a body? If so, I doubt that they would grant it as all persons that would have been part of the conspiricy are now dead as well.

Kwin

• jgnat
    jgnat

Maybe we could get Dr. Bob Brier interested. http://tlc.discovery.com/convergence/medici/tunein.html

But I wonder if the world at large is as interested in the Watchtower Society.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    But I wonder if the world at large is as interested in the Watchtower Society.

No, I don't think the WTS rates a mention most times.

That being said, there is much interest downunder by various groups and churches in wanting to know how they can help people out of the Watchtower.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    That being said, there is much interest downunder by various groups and churches in wanting to know how they can help people out of the Watchtower.

wow, that's good to hear, Ozzie. I still think of all the wonderful work JanG did. Miss her.

J

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

There is no statute of limitations in the US for capital murder. Now, if means, motive and oppourtunity exist, the only thing needed is a body. The one in question is located near a Pittburg pyramid.

Permission to exhume a body can be obtained by: Presentation of facts to the county attorney... if the facts add up to some criminal intent to murder said body the office will order an exhumation and accept any new found evidence.

Or, the desceased's next of kin can request an exhumation by filing what ever paper work the state requires. Who is Russells nearest living relative? Maybe some family rumors may tie the "foul play" angle to enough weight to justify an exhumation and modern autopsy or CTR's remains.

I don't recall any "foul-play" mentioned in any of the documents I have ever seen regarding Russell's demise. Russell did pass on in Texas, is that where the death certificate was issued? That would be a good place to start. The Texas county coroner may order a exhumation order to look at evidence missed in 1914. But again, he would have to have a compelling story that ties the death to a crime commited in Texas.

And yes, with all the cable channels and general awareness of WTBTS in the states, this story is a natural for a cable network "who-dunnit" show. Most of the ones I see are about people much more obscure than C T Russell and Joe R. Just my .02.

---------Hill

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

it would be a hoot is we got the old boy dug up............. and it was Elvis in there.........

DNA is a wonderful thing... if it wasnt CTR there would be some 'spainin to do!

---------Hill

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

bttt...........nice angle and deserves more comments............

• M.J.
    M.J.

Wow. Could you imagine the implications.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Leaving for Pittsburg Friday... I have a shovel and have called the rental center and reserved a back-hoe.

-------------Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit