New apostate scare?

by Snowcrash 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Well, I believe this is true because I see my JW mother every once in a while when I visit my dad and she has been more shunning than usual. (She swallows every line of the Watchtower without asking)

Also, my JW brother suddenly cut me off completely without warning. We were supposed to meet at a bar and go to a gun show and he never responded.

It would make sense that they are feeling a lot of pressure to be extra careful as regards former members.

• gumby
    gumby
    Also, my JW brother suddenly cut me off completely without warning. We were supposed to meet at a bar and go to a gun show and he never responded.

Sorry to hear that Megabastard, it's so sad an Organisation can come between relationships.

It's easy to tell when the society has been stressing something in particular as it comes out in the lives of the publishers.......such as "be aware of Apostates." Their attitude changes as they feel ol' satan is behind it all and were just one of his puppets working against rightousness. The fact that we are still the same good ol' boy we were when we left them doesn't compute with them. Sad eh?

Gumby

• Flash
    Flash

What the WTS really is afraid of is people thinking on their own. Apostates represent that to them.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

What the WTS really is afraid of is people thinking on their own. Apostates represent that to them.
    I agree with Flash on this one............a free mind is a dangerous mind..............to the old boys in Brooklyn.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

............a free mind is a dangerous mind..............

You are surely right Sunnygal.

Sure thing, para 14 of todays WTstudy "The spiritual sword can also defend us when we are assaulted by temptations or apostate attempts to destroy our faith"

Blondie's thread will no doubt give more info ..

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Sure thing, para 14 of todays WTstudy "The spiritual sword can also defend us when we are assaulted by temptations or apostate attempts to destroy our faith"

It's funny that they view that as an "assault" but when they harrass other person's beliefs in the door to door work (you know how the JWs are told don't take "no" for an answer) it's "sharing the good news".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit