New apostate scare?

by Snowcrash 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

I'm curious if anyone else who still attends meetings keeps hearing the same drek about apostates at every meeting? I have been, and it gets to me a little, seeing as I feel like a snake in the grass. Has anyone else noticed this insane amount of focus on apostates?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't attend Snowcrash, but you are not a snake in the grass just because you are not afraid of information.

Keep your chin up! I'm glad you're here.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Well I only periodically show up to Sunday meetings (when I visit family or vice versa), and each and every time there's something about apostates and their devious reasonings. I don't think there's been a real significant increase in demonizing apostates ...either that or other congregations have finally reached the level of paranoia I've encountered in all the congregations I've gone to..

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Wow, every meeting? That really is paranoid. It doesn't seem like my congregation talked about it that much. Or maybe it was just that my senses were dulled to it at the time.

SNG

• Xandria
    Xandria

SNG:

I have come to the conclusion that the entire Organization has been smoking pot. It would account for the high levels of paranoid feelings regarding APOSTATES.. dun da dunnnnn.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programs.

X.

• blondie
    blondie

The topic of apostates seems to be more prevalent at the assemblies/conventions and study articles. Nothing specific as to any individuals or groups though.

As more and more JWs get computers and get on the Internet, I see more defections happening. It is private (but not from nosy spouses or kids). The information out there on the real WTS is very effective. The Quotes site is especially good because it "hangs them by their own words."

Blondie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Last time we went, I walked out of WT meeting halfway through the study of Sept 1st, "Voice of strangers" article... I will let you know if they mention the A word today.

Blues, your fellow "snake in the grass"..PS there is nothing wrong with snakes

I am only posting now because I forgot to put our clocks an hour forward and have unexpected time, so "Making time count"

• blondie
    blondie

Ooh, I forgot that, Blues. I can feel better now because it is only 1:43 a.m. instead of 2:43 a.m.

Blondie

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Yes, I'll second that most meetings (except the book study at this time) touch on apostacy in one way or another. Like Blondie says, the internet is working.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have noticed that October has been particularly bad. I know the rants are making me uncomfortable. That, and the enthusiastic participation by congregation members. They fall over themselves to provide examples of apostates to avoid. Deuteronomy was quoted at the last talk I attended, and it was re-emphasized that even family members may have to be rejected in order to keep the congregation "clean".

Could they be gearing up for a general house cleaning?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit