Bunch of Winers!!

by Gretchen956 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm sitting here sipping some very excellent Merlot. I wonder if there are any other winers here and what you enjoy?

Sherry

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm pretty wimpy.. I like White Zinfandel .

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I enjoy wine now and then. I used to drink it more often either with or without meals but now I just take very small samples to satisfy a curiousity of a particular wine. I really try hard to limit anything that will add pounds.

I have sampled many wines from different parts of the world and my favorite (as a group) Merlot wines are Californian.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

To continue...In general I prefer the blend Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot and Franc. My favorites of this group are from the Haut Medoc region in France.

As far as whites go, I really enjoy the french wine Pouilly Fuisse...alot!

I have had decent wines from many places though Australia, South Africa, Chile, Argentina, all over eastern and western Europe.

In the U.S. I like wines from California, and even Washington and Oregon.

Even Canada has a couple of interesting and decent wines. We are world famous for Icewine but I don't really like the stuff.

• avishai
    avishai

Wine gives me heartburn.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I had a bottle of portuguese porto. Though quite sweet, it had a really nice grapey flavor. I liked it.

S

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Would you like some cheese with your whine? hell yes there are lots of whiners on this board! hahahaha yeah you knew that was coming I worked in a winery growing up in upstate NY and for a lot of years couldn't STAND the stuff after that (ever seen hundreds of gallons of moldy maggoty wine... better yet have you ever SMELLED IT)

I'm better now though I have about 25 bottles in my wine rack most are reds a few whites the ones I LOVE though are the ice wines they are just REALLY REALLY REALLY sweet wonderful though better than chocolate

(ice wine is one of the best ways to get a woman in the mood too something about the sweetness maybe but it almost ALWAYS works)

• under74
    under74

I prefer the hard stuff but wine works too.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

A crisp, white Verdicchio from the '70's....also Takara Red Plum Wine.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Pouilly Fuisse is very nice. Generally, I like a dry white wine, but I'm not too fussy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit