JW and XJW DB's , Bible Conscience and Truth.

by spectromize 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• spectromize
    spectromize

I would just like to point out that when I first bought my computer and connected to the internet, the first words I typed in my browser were Jehovah, Jehovah's witnesses, Watchtower...

I must say, I was quite amazed to see so many websites that were for and against us. My curiosity got the better of me and started reading sites such as watchtower.org ,witnesses.net,watchtower observer, h20, freeminds...ect.

Did it bother me to read opposing materials or websites? As I mentioned in another thread I have spent many years training myself a conscience trained to what the Bible and the Society's publication have encouraged us to do.

Again coming back to the question, did it bother me reading all this opposing stuff? The answer is YES! For the first time in over 20yrs in the privacy of my own home, I actually started to read apostate stuff. As for before the internet, when anybody out in field service would try to hand me anything that I considered apostate, I would be quick to reject it. I have found it helpful to know what opposers are saying about us to make a defense. I have also found it helpful to know that the Bible doesn't lie when it say's that some have come to be past all moral sense...and are bringing divine retribution for the ungodly things they spoke.

Did I learn anything from it? Yes of course. I learned that if your conscience is properly trained according to Bible standards, you will be quick to evaluate so called JW sites and XJW that promote immorality, blaspheming Jehovah's holy name, outrageous accusations without facts, holier than thou attitude like witnesses.net that will condemn this site as apostate and yet they have lottery banners, religious banners...posted on their site. As far as I'm concerned actions speak louder than words.

You must remember, according to the Bible account , that with all the meeknest of Moses as leading the rebellious Israelites out of Egypt and putting up with Dathan, Korah, and Abiraram, that he himself was not allowed to enter the promised land. Moses failed to honor Jehovah when he took more authority for striking that rock, which barred him from entering the kingdom at that time.

Also who could forget Judas Iscariot. The Bible called him a thief, because he took money from the contribution box and strongly objected to that expensive perfume being poured upon Jesus. He used his own twisted reasoning by saying that the perfume could of been sold and given to the poor.But yet Judas wasn't concerned about the poor he was concerned about his pocket book.

So in conclusion I would just like to say that the Faithful Slave have tought us many good things from God's word. They have always encouraged us to become trained mature christians in using our mental faculties to distinguish right from wrong according to what God's word teaches us about Christian freedom's true meaning, not enslavement to men's doctrines or law. For the few unfaithful slaves that have surfaced over the years at the society's headquarter, this I would like to say to you, True Christianity never was or ever will be about figures, numbers, money, material buildings, real estate, stock market, investment funds...but True Christianity comes from spiritual cleanliness of the heart as taught by Jesus who reflected God perfectly.

• Lester
    Lester

Ok folks, for all my fellow brothers out there that had any doubts in regards to the direction of this DB, the above post summarizes it perfectly.

The jist of that long, very carefully worded post was, 'yes, reading apostate sites helped me.' Hmmm, yeah, lets listen to this person and go directly against the counsel from the faithful and discreet slave. And also, let me bash a fellow brother at another site because I don't like the way he runs his place.

Yeah spectromize, your coming across load and clear 'brother.'

I gave this site a sincere chance but as far as I am concerned, first AND last post. Bye

• JayJay
    JayJay

So Lester...
    You accuse spectrumize of "bashing a fellow brother at another site because of not liking the way he runs his place" and then do precisely that to this one?
    Isn't that a bit hypocritical?
    I happen to agree with the points made about the lottery banners and religious banners I've seen at other JW sites which have bothered me and many also seem to be overly concerned with advertising and *selling* me things which I don't like.
    Let's not become peddlers of the word eh?

• Simon
    Simon

ding ding...round one
    Lets keep this a discussion forum and not a 'fighting forum'!
    It is spectromize's personal descision to visit whatever sites he (she?) wants to and is not for us to judge one way or another although obviously, most people wouldn't recommend it!
    Lester, if you think that spectromize's post is 'apostate' then that too is your personal decision which you are perfectly entitled to. You did seem to pick up on one sentance though and ignore the rest of what he was saying and I don't think it is entirely fair to judge entire forum on the basis of one post before anyone else has had a chance to repond.
    Just a reminder: I don't want to see people EITHER pushing apostate teachings OR being overly sensitive and wrongly accusing others of BEING an apostate.
    [rant mode disengaged]

• claudia
    claudia

Lester, I think spectromize is just being honest, I personaly have a problem with people who claim not to read things on certain sites but seem to know an awful lot about them. Another site i go to, they all act like they dont read any thing contraversial yet how did they know everything discussed on sites such as h20? i hope i make sense, its late and i have the flu.

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear Lester,

You missed the point of my post. I will try to clear it up for you. Never would I encourage my brothers and sisters to visit or any lenght of time in mud holes on the internet. It was when I first connected up that I read some of those sites and the KM wasn't out then, also I am probably 99.99 percent sure that most of you did at one time or another.

If you Lester are free in this respect please throw the first stone.

For my own personal use ( again not encouraging anyone to do as I did) I did it to be able to make a defence against what opposers are saying against us, as eventually because of the millions connected up to the internet every month you will come across individuals in the field ministry who will have downloaded materials from these sites and want an explanation especially if your just studying with someone who has internet access.

Jesus read opposer material as he was fully aware of the teachings of the scribes and pharisees and saduccees and the samaritans, that's why He was able to make a defence of the good news of the kingdom.

Brother Russell (brought up a seven day adventist) had to read opposser material to be able to engage in the religious debates against the opposers of his day.

All the writing commitees at headquarters over the years had to really do in depth and extensive research in translation of the NWT which required reviewing diffrent works from diffrent religious, secular, non-secular...to make sure of all things. And you might be surprised to find in Bethel's research library what your average brother or sister would consider apostate material.

Also the society has read some of these sites that I am mentioning , for the simple fact is how would they be able to bring out such a powerful Kingdom ministry about the use of the internet and its dangers?

In conclusion Lester, even if you do leave this board for another JW board what guarantees you that you will not meet up with wolves in sheeps clothing? Fact of the matter is there is no guarantee, let the truth speak for itself. Jesus said by the hearts abundance the mouth speaks. But always remember that truth is not always welcomed and can be extremely painful. Why do you think the people who didn't like to hear the truth in Jesus day, seeked his death?

Also I should of left my statement, about:" Holier than thou." when talking about witnesses.net and kepted it to myself. My apoligies.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

The TRUTH is never challenged by examination but rather is exonerated by it. Only the lie need fear close scrutiny.

• waiting
    waiting

What a fascinating conversation - and thanks for the "Show topics from the last year" thingamagig up at the top of this page. What is a "DB"? What is "FDA" or "FDS" that I keep seeing? I finally figured out BTW - but it took a while, btw.

When I decided to look around - I didn't want anyone to know, and I am trying to keep it a relative secret. But I truly don't believe reading the good and bad about your own religious beliefs which you are betting your and your children's lives upon is wrong. After all, that's how most of us came into the Truth - we read about our religion. We were told what we now did with our new knowledge of our religion was our own choice.

When was our freedom of choice taken from us? BTW, Jehovah wants us to worship him with a free mind - how can we do that if we don't have one?

I read somewhere a great quote by someone:

He who controls the Present, controls the Past.
    He who controls the Future, controls the Present.

I believe that sums up the style of writing the Watchtower Society has developed - and it can be proven by reading their literature.

• spectromize
    spectromize

Waiting,

DB stands for discussion board.

FDS stands for faithful and discreet slave.

FDA, (I don't know about this one.)

DF stands for disfellowshipped.

DA stands for disassociated.

JD stands for judicial meeting.

Xtians stands for christians.

• waiting
    waiting

Are you telling me now I have to learn ANOTHER new language - computer jargon?

Thank you for your help in this area. BTW (cool, huh?) abbreviations are helpful and short - but the actual thought process behind words is sometimes lost. Look at the US Government and their departments - people have no idea who they're dealing with or talking to - we can't put
    pictures, usually, with initials. But at least now I can put pictures with these initials!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit