3 Weddings --------------> NO PARENTS ATTENDED !

by Rabbit 17 Replies latest social family

• avishai
    avishai
    my mother came home from her personal book study with the "knowledge" that the woman's husband was demonized because he was having seizures. No medical reason why, don't ya know, just those nasty, pesty demons.

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Avishai, one ticked off epileptic.

• kls
    kls

And this sick cult calls themselves loving. Someday soon i hope that these cult minds will open up to what real life and family are and see the cult for what it is and i know that the families that have been shunned will welcome you back in to their lives, but i do hope you suffer for the pain you have caused for your loved ones just like the pain you have shown them.

• Bryan
    Bryan

(((Rabbit))),

I'm so sorry to hear of you missing even this last wedding. I know I need to do just as you have, and not show the pain. Keep up the front and the channels open. We both know they are all blinded by the bigotry they are taught. Thank God for our loving wives!

Take care my friend,

Bryan

Edited to add: After our divorce I lived in New Jersey, my ex and 4 year old daughter lived in East Texas. My ex taught my daugter to call me "Uncle Bryan". "You live so far away, it's like you visit as a relative anyway" she tells me, laughing. Witnesses are such loving people.

• Sassy
    Sassy

ahhh Rabbitl.. I feel bad for both you and Byran and anyone who has this situation..

I know for me (IF I ever marry again .. unlikely in the near future) my mother will not attend.. I am not dfd or da'd.. although I wasn't scripturally free according to their rules to remarry so ultimately they could df me.. I think about what it would be like to explain to a non dub mate and his family why my side of the room is empty.. it's so sad.. but what can we do..

for what it is worth.. my dad married last year (he isn't a dub, never was) and he never even bothered to tell me.. I heard about it through my mother nearly a 6 months after the fact.. I can't win.. not invited to dub stuff or otherwise..

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Granny Linda:
    When my brother was at the tender age of 5, my mother came home from her personal book study with the "knowledge" that the woman's husband was demonized because he was having seizures. No medical reason why, don't ya know, just those nasty, pesty demons.

Yep, forgot to add that, I like Avashai, have epilepsy. This certainly did not help...it was a way for their mother to say "See...look at him, he's capable of anything...no telling WHAT he might do!" She really said that, too.

During the divorce (bad) my X demanded I be tested psychologically, as she said, "It will prove my point." My Doctor who was treating me for depression actually laughed...all the tests had already been done. She said, "Well, that sunk your wife's ship." I was extremely normal. I just had depression...go figure 'why'!

Bryan, I am sorry for what happened with you, especially about the "Uncle Bob" thing. I know how that hurts. My X told my then young, scared, confused, easily influenced kids -- I was not really 'acting' like a true Dad, that's when they started calling me by my first name. It's still that way now...for the two I still don't see much. It's like the sound of my name goes thru my heart like a knife every time it's used that way. Many, many times I've asked my X to correct them about this -- it's at the very least, disrespectful to me. She just acts innocent and says "I can't make them say something they don't feel." Nah...she has no influence at all.

Sassy, do you feel like the Elders will just show up some day to DF you? I know I do, for some reason it seems they've forgotten me. I'm glad, because, if they do catch up and make my shunning "Official" they may isolate my children permanently.

Thank you everybody...I know from prior experience -- 'this too will pass" sometimes tho' it feels as if it never will.

• Jez
    Jez

What a blessing that they married "worldly" men!! That is really really really great news. Why not work on your soninlaws? Invite only them around for coffee, out for a beer, fishing etc. Start a relationship with them. Do whatever and for however long it takes. Remember you are protecting future grandchildren if you can start a relationship NOW with the newly acquired men in your life. Show the men that you are normal, just like them, that you love your daughters, that this is not your choice, etc. Show them that whatever they have heard about you is not true. Never stop, never give up on them, I think they may be your way in.

Take care Jez

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Sassy, do you feel like the Elders will just show up some day to DF you? I know I do, for some reason it seems they've forgotten me. I'm glad, because, if they do catch up and make my shunning "Official" they may isolate my children permanently.

yes.. definately. I worry that they will cut off what little contact I have with my mom.. although it is so slim.. doubtful that it would make that much difference

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Jez sez:
    What a blessing that they married "worldly" men!! That is really really really great news

That still sounds 'odd' to say doesn't it ? But, yes...it is good news. Instead of having their mother as the main influence in their lives -- they will have their husband and family to pick away at the JW armor. They are still holding on to a hollow belief, surely it will collapse under the pressure that will be there.

One of the son-in-laws I do get along with, the others don't live close at all. I have respected their wishes...that I not call them. I do get to visit with my grandson, that is amazing, since when he was born I was told he would never know who I was. I am hoping my main way to the others hearts will be thru my oldest daughter.

I'm not glad to see others go thru this, but, somehow it helps knowing I'm not alone here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit