I Voted Today

by willyloman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

This is the second time I've voted this year and I feel great!

What a wonderful thing it is to be able to freely express yourself, take some responsibility, and at least feel like you have some choice in who leads, who calls the shots in this world in which we all live. And what a contrast with the local Kingdom Hall, where you don't get to choose the PO, you don't get to pick the CO, you have no say in who, what, when or where.

The Watchtower world is a closed society where personal choice doesn't exist, personal opinion counts for nothing, and freedom is what they say it is.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

You voted? I assume by absentee ballot...

CZAR

• willyloman
    willyloman
    You voted? I assume by absentee ballot...

No, in California (and probably elsewhere) you can go to the polls and vote early. They do this for about two weeks prior to election day. Good way to avoid long lines.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... Texas allows early voting too.

• franklin J
    franklin J

willy,

great feeling , eh?

Makes you realize that a Totalitarian way of life is not for those of us who can "think." Also, makes you fully appreciate those famous words " we the people..."

• jws
    jws
    What a wonderful thing it is to be able to freely express yourself, take some responsibility, and at least feel like you have some choice in who leads, who calls the shots in this world in which we all live. And what a contrast with the local Kingdom Hall, where you don't get to choose the PO, you don't get to pick the CO, you have no say in who, what, when or where.

That wasn't always the case. The PO or whatever he was called back then (circa Rutherford) was voted on. I think it would be fun to see JWs to return to voting for PO. I can picture it now, yard signs "Brother Pompous for PO", nobody in the neighborhood knowing what in the world that is. Imagine a scandal like Florida in the congregation. For as little say as the average publisher has in these decisions, it'd probably cause a lot of splits if they got to vote. As freedom tends to do.

I got my voting in on Monday night. Whether my vote makes a difference or not, or was even counted, only time will tell. But it's a relief that my vote has already been cast so that some unexpected circumstance between now and Tuesday doesn't keep me out of the polls.

• target
    target

We voted a week ago, by mail. sure would not want to miss voting and find out that Bush got back in for the lack of 2 votes!

Edited to clarify that my statement is tongue in cheek, and not meant to be taken seriously. For those of you who do not know me, which I guess is everyone, I seldom am serious and I actually do like most people.

Right On Target

• jws
    jws

target, might want to watch what you say in public. Those sorts of statement can land you in all kinds of trouble. I've heard of the government taking those sorts of statements very seriously.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

That's great, Willy! I appreciate your expressions on the subject.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

(Edited)

Is this what it has come too? you deserve to be put away, sicko

Shame on you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit