This is sooooo scary, is it for real???

by ohiocowboy 24 Replies latest social current

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I also have been hearing different reports of rumours of attacks, and I hope they are all just that, rumours. I do fear though that with all these things that are circulating around the internet, that some of it may be true, and something is building up, waiting to happen. It kinda doesn't help that B-Boy is preaching his doom and gloom here, but then again, hearing about all of this maybe will help keep us more on the alert for things so it doesn't catch us off guard. Guess we just hope for the best, and hope for the well being of everyone.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

early summer here in nashville a nigerian blew himself and an SUV up in the opryland hotel parking lot.. theory was he was heading to the mall next door.

i wonder why theres local stuff everyone knows but it never makes national news? are we being fed censored news?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yes, that is really strange that you mention that, as I would not have heard about the Columbus mall bombing attempt until just a few minutes ago when Dan the man spoke of it, and Columbus is only an hour from where I am. I just mentioned it to a friend, and he hadn't heard about it either, but when I do a search on the web, there is a lot of info, and was a really big deal in June. I am shocked that this was so close, yet a lot of people here didn't hear about it. Maybe the authorities are trying to be more hush-hush, so as not to generate a widespread panic.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Sounds like the "same old", "same old" scare stuff we've been hearing for over three years. It's like they know we've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, but the only thing they can do is push our buttons (thank gawd). I'm with Uzzah.... "screw 'em".

• catchthis
    catchthis

You can probably take it to the bank that martial law will come into effect if something big happens just before or on November 2nd. I can see Dubya jumping on the opportunity to stay in office as long as he can.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I spent two weeks in Israel in August and was within about 10 feet of a suicide bomber at one point. The fear is toxic over there, literally palpable. It's exhausting. The only way anyone copes is to either go fanatical and be hateful or to decide to live their lives and forget about it. I chose not to worry -- like somebody else said, we all die eventually, and IMHO to die suddenly as a victim of a suicide bomber...well, it might beat a long, slow death by AIDs or cancer.

• freedom96
    freedom96

The threat of another attack on American soil is very real. Very sad, but real. I think we have been lucky not to get hit in the 3 years since 9/11.

In the event of another attack, once again America citizins will reunite as they did before, and the majority of Americans will support wars against anyone slightly involved.

The terrorists feed on terror, and that to them is victory. As mentioned above, we must live our lives like always. If anything happens, there won't be much you and I can do about it anyways.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The FBI and the CIA have recently taken in a number of other suspects and are trying to bring to light any plots in progress. How many of them have been mistakenly taken in? More troubling, how many of them are deliberate decoys?

• franklin J
    franklin J

Words are cheap from that part of the world

The "nation of Islam" ( religion? political group? are they representative of Muslims everywhere?) ; and EVERY OTHER ARAB nation on this planet should pay very close attention to this situation. They would be wise to remember the mistake Japan made in WW2; underestimating the American response. The immortal words uttered by the Japanese General after the attack of Pearl Harbor " I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant".

Yes, that will be the response. If there is another attack like 9/11; every American will turn against every political Arab country very quickly. Americans may be percieved internationaly as a mixed bunch; however we are a very patriotic "mass" of very powerful econmic entities. Not knowing who to trust; every Arab on the continental US would be suspect. Racial profiling would not out of the question. The entire wealth ( both private and public) of America would be tuned to preserving our established way of life. This is not Unlike what happend during the first and second world wars.

When additional attacks occur of the 9/11 magnitude and innocent civilians are mercilessly killed; Americans will DEMAND security from the public leaders. Arab Americans and peace loving Muslims would be the real victims and the situation for them would be the same as that for German and Japanese Americans during WW2. This has happend once before; and human nature being what it is; it will most likely happen again. Yes, American civil liberties can change overnite for reasons of national security.

Also, it is a fact the American Government is the preminant military power in existence. No one should underestimate its ability and aggressiveness in a time of war. The nuclear arsenal is in existence for a reason; not neccessarily to maintain a balance of power.

The Arab coutries would never survive a real all out war with the US. Despite the "madness" which is governing some of these Muslim militants through out the world; they must realize that.

But then, why make that argument? All of us post on this forum because we know firsthand and understand the conviction to a religious belief.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

It sounds to me as if it is personal.Al-qaeda hates Bush with a serious passion.....get rid of the nutter and maybe the other Nutters will let up?

Just my own opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit