This is sooooo scary, is it for real???

by ohiocowboy 24 Replies latest social current

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I hope that this is not real. It is too scary to think about...

http://www.drudgereport.com/abct.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED OCT 27, 2004 12:42:01 ET XXXXX

ABCNEWS HOLDS TERROR WARNING TAPE

**Exclusive**

In the last week before the election, ABCNEWS is holding a videotaped message from a purported al Qaeda terrorist warning of a new attack on America, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election.

The CIA is analyzing the tape, a top federal source tells the DRUDGE REPORT.

ABCNEWS obtained the tape from a source in Waziristan, Pakistan over the weekend, sources tells DRUDGE.

"We have been working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate [the tape]," a senior ABCNEWS source said Wednesday morning, dismissing a claim that ABC was planning to air portions of the video during Monday's WORLD NEWS TONIGHT.

The terrorist's face is concealed by a headdress, and he speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual.

US intelligence officials believe the man on tape may be Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman, a California native who was highlighted by the FBI in May as an individual most likely to be involved in or have knowledge of the next al Qaeda attacks.

According to the FBI, Gadahn, 25, attended al-Qaida training camps and served as an al-Qaida translator.

The disturbing tape runs an hour -- the man simply identifies himself as 'Assam the American.'

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Here is another story from Reuters....

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041027/media_nm/security_abcnews_dc_2

ABC News Gives Attack Threat Tape to FBI, CIA

38 minutes ago
    Add to My Yahoo!Entertainment - Reuters Industry

By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - ABC News has asked U.S. security officials to examine a videotape it obtained in Pakistan of an English-speaking man threatening a massive attack on the United States in retaliation for its war against al Qaeda, the network said on Wednesday.

A source familiar with the tape -- whose authenticity U.S. intelligence officials have so far been unable to verify -- said it contains a threat that the "streets will run with blood."

Responding to questions about the tape after its existence was first reported by Internet columnist Matt Drudge, ABC News vice president Jeffrey Schneider said the network has not aired the video because its authenticity has not been verified.

"We've been working around the clock in an effort to authenticate the content of the tape," Schneider told Reuters. "We have worked with the CIA ( news - web sites) and the FBI ( news - web sites), neither of whom have authenticated the tape. Obviously, it would be beyond irresponsible to broadcast this tape without first authenticating it."

He said the tape was obtained from a source in Pakistan over the weekend and arrived in New York on Monday, where it was first viewed by network officials. He declined to discuss details of it.

Government officials in Washington confirmed that the CIA was analyzing the videotape. One official said it was not yet known whether the tape is authentic or a hoax.

The source familiar with the tape told Reuters that the hourlong video features a man, whose face is concealed by a headdress, warning that a forthcoming attack on the United States would dwarf the suicide hijackings on Sept. 11, 2001, that claimed nearly 3,000 lives.

According to the source, the man says, "The streets will run with blood" and says the United States has brought this on itself for electing a president who has declared war on Islam by attacking the former Taliban rulers in Afghanistan ( news - web sites) and waging war against al Qaeda.

The source added that linguistic experts who have examined the tape believe the man, who identifies himself only as "Assam the American," learned English at a very young age but is not a native speaker of the language.

"The intelligence community is analyzing it, working to verify its authenticity," White House spokesman Scott McClellan told reporters in Vienna, Ohio.

A U.S. intelligence official said, "We have been unable to verify the tape's authenticity." The official added the review was continuing.

The question of whether the United States could be subjected to another Sept. 11-type attack has been a major issue in the presidential campaign.

(additional reporting by Toby Zakaria and James Vicini in Washington)

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well the reuters link has disapeared.

who knows... it may just be another attempt to " put the skeer on"

• Mulan
    Mulan

Nuclear attack maybe? How horrible, if true.

Yesterday I saw a ticker saying they have Cape Canaveral on high alert for a terrorist attack, but that seems like it would be small casualties.

I've also heard there will be something on November 2, to disrupt the elections. I hear it on one station, and then can't find it again. That's the problem with rumors.

• gumby
    gumby

Time to pack up my shit and get the hell out of the good ol' USA.

Gumby

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well a few months ago W had it set up thru congress what to do if a terrorist attack hit around election time( essentially it will be keeping him president) i think its a real possibility that something might happen.

my own personal guess is the next large scale attack will be on walmart type stores and malls. the market place is a big target , it hits the regular people and causes a fear that cant easily be dismissed.

i hope with all the money thats been allocated for prevention of terrorism that the govt is on top of things..oh wait..all that money went to iraq......hmmmmm

wheres my bunker ?!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I say screw em and keep living your life as you have prior to 9-11.

Striking fear and paranoia is their objective. We give into it, they win. Lets keep this 'the land of the free and home of the brave'. Sorry if I offend anyone saying this, my being a Canadian, but I did live in the States and do admire much about the country.

However, the cynic in me can't help but wonder which political figure benefits most by this "report". Kerry gets to wave the war monger flag at Bush and Bush is made to look like an enemy of al Qaeda and therefore worthy of re-election.

But of course it worked in Spain during their elections ... hmmmm

Uzzah - who is going to go shopping in the biggest mall he can find, just to snub his nose at terrorists.

PS - I only have a small 2 bedroom apt but if anyone wants to hide up here next week let me know. ;)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I say screw em and keep living your life as you have prior to 9-11.

I second that!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

....The man on the tape looked suspiciously like Karl Rove, sources say.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Ya gotta die sometime, of something. Just a few months ago the FBI foiled a plot to blow up a shopping mall here right here in Columbus. I've stopped worrying and learned to love the bomb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit